I'm new in the community

Does some one knows why Mendel pars dosent replay
For emails .
I want to buy parts and it's weird when not answering email
Is it safe to put my money there

Thank you
Re: Service from Mendel parts
August 29, 2011 07:52AM
They have a server problem and can't receive or send emails. Theres a phone number on the site. They also have a history of getting backlogged and going silent, concentrating on shipping orders and developing Orca rather than talking to customers. Camiel did blog about how this was a problem, I don't know if they ever improved.

So far as I've seen, they always come through in the end so if you can afford to wait ,at worst, a couple of months then go ahead. If you need parts quickly or aren't willing to risk a delay beyond the paypal dispute deadline, buy from elsewhere.
August 29, 2011 08:50AM
I bought Gen6 electronics back in May and the new V9 extruder/hot end recently. Both I had to wait for (I can't remember if I ordered them as 'pre-order'), as they tend to get advance orders and wait for suppliers to deliver, though I did order both these items when they were very new and in demand, and did expect to have to wait for them. I received both, though they shipped about 3 weeks later than the website said they would. I haven't heard of anyone not getting things they've ordered, it's just the waiting time and unresponsiveness of the company can be very irritating. If you order normal items, that they have plenty of stock of, I think they supply pretty quickly.
August 29, 2011 09:30AM
No parts. No refund. Been waiting months.

Of course, your mileage may vary.
August 29, 2011 02:43PM
BigDoug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No parts. No refund. Been waiting months.
> Of course, your mileage may vary.

I stand corrected. Have you tried calling them? What was it for, an Orca? If so, I'm not surprised you're still waiting, though I thought they had just about caught up. Or did they send, but you didn't receive?
August 30, 2011 01:11PM
droftarts Wrote:
> BigDoug Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > No parts. No refund. Been waiting months.
> > Of course, your mileage may vary.
>
> I stand corrected. Have you tried calling them?
> What was it for, an Orca? If so, I'm not surprised
> you're still waiting, though I thought they had
> just about caught up. Or did they send, but you
> didn't receive?

It was for a bunch of stuff - I think V6 electronics was the main sticking point.

Ordered 11 April, refund requested 11 May, a bunch of emails sent since then and no response.

I'm sure they'll get around to a refund eventually.
August 30, 2011 03:09PM
BigDoug Wrote:
> droftarts Wrote:
> -----
> > BigDoug Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > No parts. No refund. Been waiting months.
> > > Of course, your mileage may vary.
> >
> > I stand corrected. Have you tried calling them?
> > What was it for, an Orca? If so, I'm not
> surprised
> > you're still waiting, though I thought they had
> > just about caught up. Or did they send, but you
> > didn't receive?
>
> It was for a bunch of stuff - I think V6
> electronics was the main sticking point.
>
> Ordered 11 April, refund requested 11 May, a bunch
> of emails sent since then and no response.
>
> I'm sure they'll get around to a refund
> eventually.

I've just received Gen 6 electronics from them and stepper motors. Took just under two weeks, so not too bad. But got no response to a query email I sent using the contact system on their site.

Julian

Downham Market, Norfolk, UK.
September 03, 2011 05:04AM
I ordered several items on August 23 and had paid with bank transfer. I have not received after ten days any email confirmation of the money transaction and they don't give me any info on the shipment. I have already sent 4 emails to their address and have not received any response yet. It 'the first time in many years of buying on internet that happened to me this kind of thing. What do you recommend? the status of my order is still pending ...
September 03, 2011 07:21AM
If your bank says the money went through, then you'll get your likely parts eventually. Stress on the 'eventually'. If you want reassurance, then you're probably best off phoning them - they aren't paying any attention to the forum they set up to handle these things. Don'
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login