Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My recent Y Axis issue, detail picture for scrutiny: FIXED

Posted by Anthong Redbeard 
My recent Y Axis issue, detail picture for scrutiny: FIXED
September 10, 2011 10:51AM
here is a very detailed pic: [suddendevelopment.com]

I know there are a few things to pick apart in it, but what I'm most concerned about is the middle of the y axis.

Circles are perfectly and consistently shorter in the y axis in the middle of the print, but not the top an bottom of the print.

notice the layers stack really well, showing that it's consistent.

I tightened my y axis belt 3 different ways with the same results. I now have the prusa y tensioner installed, which I think is great but was never my problem.

I also find it interesting on the middle nut trap how there is a shell wall that is the right dimensions and the fill shows the difference. of course the shell was slower.

I have ramps 1.2 + sprinter firmware from a couple weeks ago.

thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2011 10:49PM by Anthong Redbeard.
Re: My recent Y Axis issue, detail picture for scrutiny, help please.
September 10, 2011 05:54PM
It looks like the axis sticks in the middle but is free to move when away from the centre. I would take the belt off and see if it glides freely.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
September 10, 2011 07:06PM
Does the belt attach to the bed at the same height as it goes over the idler bearings? if not, the belt path length will change with the position of the bed and as a result the belt tension will not be constant.

Also, are you using printed or machined pulleys? A wonky pulley could have a similar effect.
September 10, 2011 07:21PM
I got a similar effect when the bushings on the x carriage wore down a bit and the x carriage was lifting slightly when moving in one direction and not in the other.
Re: My recent Y Axis issue, detail picture for scrutiny: FIXED
September 10, 2011 10:50PM
thanks, it ended up being the set screw on the pulley. I looked at it before but it was a very light slip at a specific angle . Everything is looking much nicer now. I'm considering flooding that set screw with locktite so it can't happen again smiling smiley
Re: My recent Y Axis issue, detail picture for scrutiny: FIXED
September 11, 2011 01:30PM
I didn't file my shafts flat, and found that I needed to put some loctite on the setscrews to keep it my pulleys from slipping.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login