Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How is Mendel-parts still in business?

Posted by DanielG 
JHB
Re: How is Mendel-parts still in business?
December 30, 2011 04:24PM
my package is on the way grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley:
December 31, 2011 03:41AM
I did that ... but the problem is still there ...

mihai

JamesHardiman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @cdnrap: I had similar problems ... Totally fixed
> by turning on PID control in configuration.h
>
> You just have to un-comment one line, about 2/3 of
> the way down the file.
December 31, 2011 05:05AM
i dont have a delivery note yet so assuming it hasnt left mendel parts. I'm pretty fed up of Camiel now, its taking up a lot o my time just waiting.
pete
January 01, 2012 01:21AM
@misan and James

I order an Orca from MakeMendel on Dec 10th and received it last Wednesday. I am in the process of building it out... so far, so good... smiling smiley
January 01, 2012 03:41AM
by the way,

what is the purpose of PIDTEMP ?
why it is disabled ?
why it should be enabled ?

happy new year!
mihai

JamesHardiman Wrote:
> @cdnrap: I had similar problems ... Totally fixed
> by turning on PID control in configuration.h
>
> You just have to un-comment one line, about 2/3 of
> the way down the file.
January 01, 2012 04:41AM
PID, james talks about this a bit on his website: [www.building3dprinters.com]
it basically keeps it at a consistant temp, from what i understand.
January 01, 2012 10:38AM
Still nothing. Camiel posted on his blog on the 29th saying that he'd have everything shipped by the end of that day. JHB received a delivery note, I haven't yet! Theres also a note saying that theres some exciting news from mendel-parts. I'm assuming that means hes spending all his time designing his orca4 and not working on the orders hes been paid upfront for! I will be very annoyed if he releases his linear bearing version before he ships the order I paid for on 6th nov 2011!!!
Pete
January 01, 2012 01:43PM
PID: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller

Basically a control mechanism that keeps things (like temperature) carefully controlled. If you enable PID control in configuration.h, then set the Hot End temperature in Pronterface, and click "Monitor Printer", and watch the green "heater" LED on the Gen6 board, you will see it come up close to temp, then the heater switches off. But it continues to warm up to temp, and you can see the Heater LED flicker on and off, and the Hot End holds its Set Temperature to within a fraction of a degree.

Why is it normally disabled? No idea! Maybe it was buggy at sometime in the past. But all my Hot End temp problems went away when I enabled it.

Try seeing what happens with Monitor Printer enabled, watching the Heater LED WITHOUT PID control. For me, it came up to temperature, the heater switched off, and it never came on again.
January 01, 2012 01:50PM
I couldn't possibly comment ;o)

But you may not be 100 miles from the truth.

Let's just say that now I'm back from Florida (this morning; still jet-lagged), I intend to finish designing and printing the LB plastics for my 2 and my 3, getting them all tuned up and working well, and selling them on eBay, just as soon as I have something better as a replacement.

I couldn't possibly say what that might be ... but I was in Eindhoven in December.
January 01, 2012 04:13PM
well I know hes been working on the linear bearings for the orca instead of delivering the kit I paid him for at the beginning of november and i'm not fussed about keeping quiet about it. I think the same happened when he released the orca 3. He hadn't finished shipping orca 2s that had been paid for when he released the 3. I'd happily wait for the linear bearings to come out and even pay the difference (would be nice to get a free upgrade for the ridiculous delay) but I can't get through to him to discuss it!! Theres a massive gap in the market for orca kits that actually turn up and i'm hoping people like makemendel prove that this business can be run properly without taking advantage of paying customers
Pete
JHB
January 02, 2012 10:00AM
pete-theobald Wrote:
> Still nothing. Camiel posted on his blog on the
> 29th saying that he'd have everything shipped by
> the end of that day. JHB received a delivery note,
> I haven't yet!

at the moment i have only a note that the label ist printed, nothing more... sad smiley
January 02, 2012 08:46PM
If the label is printed then it will very likely be on the next UPS collection. Printing the label is the last thing he does.
JHB
January 04, 2012 02:32PM
I have my printer now and now I build... [www.1wiki.de]

[www.1wiki.de]
ORDER 1008
PAYED in full 6 NOV 2011
The order is PENDING and theres no communication from mendelparts
last update on mendel blog. 27/12-11 (WE ARE ON TOP OF THINGS)
I HAVE tryed email, blog, skype and ohone. no replay.

MY advice to you all. DO NOT SHOP AT MENDEL PARTS

Until now, my experience is nice homepage, nice product on it but in real life it is
BULLSHIT AND RIPOFF.

I have no printer and mendelparts has +1000$ of mine.

IF this changes Ill let you know. I will daily update what he did not send me ,!!!!

TODAY 8 JAN 2012

8 WEEKS OF WAITING

Nothing In Line.
hot smiley
January 08, 2012 05:54AM
Soeren ... We all sympathise, but please don't tell us daily ... Took me 15 weeks to get mine, and I had to drive to Eindhoven from the UK to get it!
PeterHarder
January 08, 2012 06:28AM
James, I do not know what you are doing here, this guy seems to give an innumerous amount of people a really really hard time, and you are telling somebody to not warn people about him? I do not get it. I ordered my stuff from Romscraj in Singapore, while I live in Eindhoven, and I got my stuff in two weeks!! I am really really happy that this blog warned me from buying at mendel-parts! I do not see you defending bottmill in the other blog concerning a horrible dealer.
James Thanks for your sympathy, and Im sorry to here that you had problems too.
But you really prove my point.
If a business can't deliver what they are payed for for some reason and keep on selling to new customers, I was wondering.
Especially if it is without explanation to the current costumers, in person or mail or something. not in a blog !!! Expesialy when they payed you !!!!
and the costumers have no possibility way to contact the firm at all except, hunting them down, to get there stuff or money.
You have all warning signs lid.
When Mendelpart bloged that they had a SOCC period I thought YES maybe they are for real.
But when they say that all payments been checked and my order stilll is pending !!!
MY sign lid up flashing
So YES Ill shout it from every rooftop. until i get my printer or my money Every minute off the day.
Well Peter, I would defined mendelparts to if they delivers,
Because I beleve that there product are the best, But the fact is that there buissnes suckes big time at least for me.
I can se that there are people that get there deliveries and people like james that makes a difference by helping mendelparts.
Its honorable but it do not changes the facts that mendel parts owes me and the discussion "How is mendel-parts still in business"
Well my guess is that people bye it without getting it because.....
Well beats me. I bought it there because it was recommended on reprap.org and i liked what i say.
But this might change if mendel parts get to be a problem for reprap.

So i payed and if i collect it my self i might have it aprils fools day....
Mendelparts might have business problems. But the fool is me.... I should have got it from china, but its to late now.
January 08, 2012 08:02AM
I wasn't saying don't report problems, I was saying don't report daily on continued non-delivery ... we all know the problem, and I for one would just get irritated with the same message every day for 50 days.

... And beware of saying you live in Eindhoven; you'll get people asking you to go round to Hurkestraat 18 to find out what's happening! ;o)
James: Mind taken. I will Report progress or lack of such. when needed But Im Pissed and not a good person like you.
I will not rest until mendelpart settles its outstanding to me as its current customers.
I'm on a mission. It seams Impossible but i will accept it...
IF everyone with outstanding orders would leave a short message,
Peter might print the list and deliver it to Hurkestraat 18 ;-) since mendelparts do not communicate (you don't have to, I just could not help it)
We are all left with Shoutting it LOUD in here and in the bathroom.

I know what kills a company like mendelparts, morons like me leave a stain mark because the 2-4 weeks ends up in 15-20 weeks including a trip to holland !!!!!

I will go into what Camiel should or should not do as a owner of mendelparts, because I know better.
I know what I would do and it is not what he's doing. But the end result. 30 days lead time. end up in 100 and that the customer collect it them self cross countries. IF that not a wakeup call i do not know what is. long before he hire help and so on take a look at the lead time....

So lets say that mendelparts are for real, witch I for the moment doubt.
Would the lead-time on the homepage not be realistic with 15-20 week lead-time.
instead of 2-4 Would And would new and old customers think different of Camiel if he delivered before time even.
Would we have this dissuasion NO. But It will defiantly interrupt camiel cash flow.
But it is way to late to change. He should have delivered mine a long time ago.
But the fact is that he haven't delivered, he has taken the money and blogs about holiday,
NEWSFLASH, I haven't had a holiday in X years. WHO CARES. IF Camiel reads this
Camiel You took the money. You deliver. it is that simple. If not face your current customers anger.
The current lead time announced at mendelparts is 2-4 weeks.... NEWS 6 NOV 2012 LEAD TIME ON ORCA 0.3 is +10 WEEKS IN REALATY Some talk about 15 and you need to get it yourself in the other end of europa. Thats STATUS...
January 08, 2012 10:03AM
Did anyone explore this way: [europa.eu] ?

Sometimes these consumer protection bureaus may rule in favor of consumers without you filing a lawsuit and that means that you may not have to pay a dime.

Just my two cents,

misan
Nice 2 cents :-)
It is true Its a way to get your money back, another is if you live outsides eu to sign a clame on your money and a layer in holland will collect the money for a fee of 10% min 108€ If the firm do not settle, it goes to court and after that they will declare you insolvent taking everything you own to pay the layer and the claimer.
Bouth has a lead-time of a orca !!!!!!! so it sounds like a fun thing we started here....
I only wanted what I payed for!!!!
PeterHarder
January 08, 2012 10:42AM
To be honest I have no part in this, because thanks to the advice of this forum I decided to buy elsewhere. And although I do not know if and how the gen6.d works as opposed to the much tested gen6 made by mendel-parts, I do know that I got it in almost no time at all. And I also know that if I have any troubles at all, it takes one email and an hour of waiting to get things resolved!
But because I lurk as crazy, and check mendel-parts blog and so on as well, I must say that things are crazy in my opinion as well.
I mean how come there are upgrades and no shipments, constant promisses and no deliveries, trips and workshops but no service?

Maybe James is one to easily have 800 euro's on hold, but for many of us, including me, that is a lot of money, and if spended want to see something back for it. So just get irritated isn't the right way to define it.
January 08, 2012 11:56AM
Hmm. Hadn't seen gen6.d before ... looks good, and very reasonably priced. Here's the link if you haven't seen it. Gen6.d.

They are in Singapore.
I only wanted what I payed for!!!! I wrote
Don't by at them I wrote
Well It seams that the computer at mendelparts started to work.
So after some confusion about payment
I was promised a orca 040 i 1-3 weeks time by Camiel

Hopes He comes throw, And I must admit I am bit curious about the 040
If I get It Ill will Prise Carmiel From Every rooftops. And Here as well.
I will keep you informed about the progress.
January 08, 2012 04:24PM
That's very interesting! When I was there in December he had just got the first prototype Orca 4 working, and I was sworn to secrecy (but I knew he wouldn't be able to keep it a secret!)

It's a much better machine that the 3. All linear bearings, slab-sided like the 3, but smaller and neater. Easier to build, better print quality. Has an improved hot end, and a version of Gen 6 that controls the hot bed.

But it all depends if he delivers!
Got an invoice on a 040
Now the 040 is on mendelparts homepage
So the secret is out.
I think We are a few that waits to se if he delivers as james put it.
But if He Delivers theres no doubt that the speed mendelparts develops
and put them out for custermers to buy is the prime reason that there is in business.
We can debate open / closed source. But the reality is, so fare i can see, that carmiel has published his work like clockwork.
If he delivers He might be the best out there.
January 12, 2012 06:49AM
wow
did you guys read the description for v0.4?
the build size has increased in all directions.
XYZ all linear
t2.5 belts 6mm wide.
i am dying to see this thing.
January 12, 2012 09:14AM
Prusa Mendel has had all this for many months now. I'm more interested in the V10 hot-end...

I hope the v10 is not direct motor drive like the V9 was.

Also check out Mendel MAX.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
January 12, 2012 10:12AM
believe me, i love the mendelmax also.
and i plan on having one someday.
gotta love a printer you can stand on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login