Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How is Mendel-parts still in business?

Posted by DanielG 
MJ
Re: How is Mendel-parts still in business?
September 20, 2011 05:34PM
Ranting about loosing a home

Every single person of any community has a story to tel
so if somthing is creating actual problems.
And if orca users are comlaining abaute not geting there mony back than thats there right.
Mendel-Parts.com is a company.

from my point of view that is not the problem, it is the reluctance with which communication is ignored.
honest communication and everyone would have some rest.
knowing that there money is well spent that is the least one can do
and for those of you thinking i'm bitching about not geting my dilvery

i'm not saying that i didn't get my product did i

open source or not a engineering company should have decent communication about their product.
especially if it has been stated by preference
and if something starts going wrong let people know about those problems so they know that you did not take the money and run.

i don't know irc but brnrd talk about that to so ive been learning the( Introduction to IRC ) etc...
[www.irchelp.org]
is this the right one

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2011 05:56PM by MJ.
September 21, 2011 10:22AM
MJ......lets figure out the problem and get you printing.smiling smiley

In order to help I/We need you to do:

1-Print the attached test part and please take pictures of what's happening with your printer so we can understand what exactly is wrong.
2-Pictures of your printer so we can see what your working with.
3-Post your firmware so we can take a look at the settings.

smiling smileyDan
Attachments:
open | download - ReprapTest_1A.STL (10.2 KB)
September 25, 2011 12:29PM
I am going to Eindhoven this week, hopefully to help them sort some of this mess; either way to return with the machine I have bought and paid for!

Any advice or guidance will be appreciated, and if there's anything I can do for any of you, please e-mail me at james at jameshardiman dot co dot uk.

My UK landline is +44 (0) 23 8061 0151. My UK mobile (cell) is +44 (0) 7973 788 240.

James
September 25, 2011 01:48PM
Yes tell him to answer his freakin phone and return emails!
September 26, 2011 03:47AM
Well ....
I'm trying to reach this guy for a while I would like to spend more money
And he doesn't replay my email .
I believe that if I will not get an e mail back I will cancel the order
And go for another supplier.
I don't want to wait 3 month fo my parts .
Soon I'm going to open a web store with my design
Promise you a good service =)
September 26, 2011 03:53AM
Where is this IRC Chet or what is ?

Can I rich Mendel parts there ??
September 26, 2011 04:09AM
[Elidor] you can find out about te RepRap IRC channel, and how to use it, here: [reprap.org]

However, I have not yet found Camiel on IRC, nor anyone who knows him.

But if you are having TECHNICAL problems, the RepRap community is a good place to ask things, and the IRC channel may[\i] be quicker than the forums.

James
September 26, 2011 04:14AM
... And I found this blog entry on the Mendel-parts website:

[www.mendel-parts.com]

... which, maybe, explains something.

I ask you all to be patient for a few more days. I am going to Eindhoven this week, specifically to find out what's going on, and to help if I can, and I PROMISE that I will communicate what's going on, at the very least.

James
September 26, 2011 08:55AM
Thank you very much

Not technical issue... Just payed camiel and what to add some stuff to my order
An to make sure that I'm getting my order soon other wise I'll cancel my order
Mennn.. I want to start print already. =)
September 26, 2011 10:05AM
OK, Elidor, I'll check when I'm there.

Just so you know; the reason I am going is because I p[laced my order in the middle of June. It's now 15 weeks, and I haven't heard anything.

I have volunteered to help them catch up with their orders!

Hopefully, by the end of this week, I'll have news for all of us!

James
September 26, 2011 01:05PM
Elidor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where is this IRC Chet or what is ?
>
> Can I rich Mendel parts there ??

He has not been on IRC for a very long time..

As far as I know he cannot be reached at all...not by email, phone or any other way.....
September 26, 2011 01:07PM
Well, I have his business address and his home address, and I'm driving there.

We will see!

Watch this space ...

James
September 26, 2011 01:24PM
when are you going?
I need to open my dispute today to protect myself......

I was hoping it would not come to this.............
September 26, 2011 01:56PM
I'm planning to drive to Holland on Wednesday, and turn up at his place Thursday morning.

This page is in constant flux; I will keep it as up to date as I can:

http://www.jameshardiman.co.uk/dutch-travel-arrangements/

You can also watch my blog: http://www.jameshardiman.co.uk/

James
September 26, 2011 02:51PM
Well I filed a dispute and he responded immediately!

He sure is watching our money closely.
what a wack job...
has no time to save a customer but will protect his paypal account filled with your money!!! (not mine anymore i hope!)
September 26, 2011 03:25PM
That is a worrying development. If he has time to read paypal e-mails & respond, but doesn't respond to customer e-mails the something is seriously wrong.

DanielG Wrote:
> Well I filed a dispute and he responded
> immediately!
>
> He sure is watching our money closely.
> what a wack job...
> has no time to save a customer but will protect
> his paypal account filled with your money!!! (not
> mine anymore i hope!)
I visited Camiel today. I was not easy to reach him, while he does not answer his phone nor reads his email, but I managed to see him.
I visited him at his Mendel Parts factory, where he tries to get up with all the stock.
I told him about the many complaints in this and other forums, which he never visits. But he took notice of it. He wasn't aware of the urgency of the matter. I insisted him to take some time on customer support. He will start reading his unread mail from July. He will try to catch up with the delay in order processing. I hope he can make at least some customers happy.
September 26, 2011 06:43PM
Well, Camiel, If you're reading e-mails, here are my travel plans.

I will be with you on Thursday late morning, and I'll help you fix these problems.

See you Thursday,

James
September 26, 2011 07:17PM
Well its now a CLAIM with paypal... the moron had the balls to cancel the order but still wont refund??? He has time to do what HE wants including basically what amounts to is internet fraud!!!!!
He keeps money until you place a claim?
I don't really care who says what but the guy is a FIRST class JERK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

CLOSE THIS THREAD PLEASE PAYPAL WILL DO THE REST!!!

And yes I am angry smiling smiley

(And I thought techzone was bad....... funny)
September 26, 2011 07:35PM
IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=reprap#

Then establish yourself a nickanme, and you're in!
September 27, 2011 05:18AM
Oh man! James!

Mr Organisation vs. the King of Chaos!

Where's the Popcorn? ;-)

But seriously, I'll be following what happens next with great interest. I didn't find your itinerary link in the MP Forum, so if I didn't somehow miss it, maybe you could post the link there too.
September 27, 2011 06:14AM
Well, I'm not sure that I'm THAT much better than he is! But at least I respond to e-mails, and am aware of how many people want to string him up from a lamp-post!

I was thinking that way myself, when I suddenly wondered if there might not be a better way; comes of being 63, and not able to run like I used to.

This keeps changing: I'm just about to make firm reservations, so we'll see.

I will keep blogging on my main blog (which is fairly new to me, so bear with me!)

And I will be on IRC (HAC-serg) when I get a moment.
September 27, 2011 06:25AM
DanielG Wrote:
> Well its now a CLAIM with paypal... the moron had
> the balls to cancel the order but still wont
> refund??? He has time to do what HE wants
> including basically what amounts to is internet
> fraud!!!!!
> He keeps money until you place a claim?
> I don't really care who says what but the guy is a
> FIRST class
> JERK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

no no... if you file a claim then the order get automatically cancelled via our webshop (since the Paypal API is linked to Magento webshop).
if I read someone wants a refund, i normally refund directly.
But i hardly can keep up with all the emails, (hotmail/webmail/paypal).

Again my apologies, but starting to shout doesnt work, im on the phone today whole day and rest of the week, so feel free to call me and we can sort things out hopefully:
phone: +31 40 202 6749
(I should be here whole day, however I must pickup few things, so i might be gone for an hour or so)
Our email is still not answered, but we will start on that from today, however with a back log untill July that will take a while.. (probably upto a week)

Best Regards,

Camiel Gubbels

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2011 07:52AM by camiel.
September 27, 2011 10:29AM
Camiel, Thanks for finally responding... PayPal claims are the key eh?

I'll keep this simple..
I don't want to call you (I tried for weeks).
I do not trust you any longer.
If I owned your product I AM sure I would receive ZERO support.

PLEASE reply to the claim and give back the money..

THANKS! smiling smiley
September 27, 2011 11:11AM
well ill keep this simple too then:
DanielG: Your order has now been refunded.

But about the zero support:
im giving up my weekends to help people for zero money.. so if you call that zero support sure do.
I really wish I had time to help everybody, but (at this time) I simply dont, so thats why we focus now on good solid manuals that include everything.
And who knows in the future we might have better support, but in this world its better not to promise too much...
September 27, 2011 12:10PM
Mr. Gubbels,

everything would be somehow fine if you wouldn't have charged the money in advance. But since you did so it's totally unacceptable to expect your customers to handle with great delays while not responding to emails or voicemails.

This is a business relationship, though you more seem to understand it as a geek talk.

I've no idea how many customers you charged money from in absence of consideration. But i guess it'll be enough for a heavy class action. The injured party should start exchanging contacts. I've already contacted my lawyer regarding this issue.

However, Camiel, since you finally seem to have reappeared and react I'll send you a final email (btw. app. my 3rd final email!) today claiming a 100% refund to my paypal account.
September 27, 2011 12:32PM
Dear "Sack",

Ive just read your email, and after reading this post too, Ill refund your order now immediatly.

Again sorry for insane delay and dont get me wrong I totally agree with you, I dont like it too if things take so long.
I wish we could ship next day (thats still our goal) and hopefully we will reach that some day.

Regards,
Camiel Gubbels

PS. I couldnt refund via original order (too long ago) so Im gonna send you the total amount now via paypal (instead of via refund order).
(money has been send/refunded now)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2011 12:41PM by camiel.
September 27, 2011 01:41PM
Yea for a helpful thread!
Thanks for the refund!
By support I meant standing by your work and product of which you do nether....
as far as:

"im giving up my weekends to help people for zero money.. so if you call that zero support sure do.
I really wish I had time to help everybody, but (at this time) I simply dont, so thats why we focus now on good solid manuals that include everything.
And who knows in the future we might have better support, but in this world its better not to promise too much..."

errr. you are running a business correct? <<<trying anyways

I am glad you are on this thread taking care of business for whats its worth! A step in the right direction! keep it up! make people happy! go Camiel! smiling smiley
September 27, 2011 01:48PM
yes im running a business,
but our business (at this time) has low support, that also corresponds to our low prices.

If we need to give full support (like some customers want, be able to send emails daily with technical questions), we have to at least make the machine +100euro more expensive to take into account all the support we must give.

However Im much in doubt on this issue, maybe that is better for future, raise prices a bit and make sure we have fast responds on orders/communication.. but the whole philosophy behind the webshop was that we would have low prices and alot of options. So you can also build the machine yourself and only buy certain parts.

However we could off course solve it quickly, and just start selling only complete machine, electronics and PLA..
but again that is against what I would prefer.. however delays of upto 15 weeks is totally unacceptable too.. so like i said Im thinking alot about that lately.
For Orca v0.30 we will also have a better manual, hopefully customers need then less support too and we can keep the sharp prices.
(and not get hundreds of emails with questions from which the answers can be found online..)
September 27, 2011 02:16PM
Hi, Camiel,

When I get to you on Thursday, I am going to offer to write your Orca 3 documentation for you. I'm known as a good writer; I have been a consultant on usability of technical documentation ... and I write fast (just wrote 2,500 words in two hours.

So, I can assure everyone, the V3 documentation will be OUTSTANDING (and I'll get my hands on V2, as well, if I can!!!)

James
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login