Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Has anyone done business with Mixshop?

Posted by spaztik 
Has anyone done business with Mixshop?
September 14, 2011 10:50AM
If you have, how was your experience? Were the parts of good quality? Did your order ship in a timely fashion? If you needed to contact support for any reason, how did that go?

I am considering buying a Prusa hardware kit and 1kg of PLA.

I am also curious about the quality of their extruder parts. In particular the nozzle, heater barrel and hobbed bolt.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Re: Has anyone done business with Mixshop?
September 14, 2011 04:14PM
I am awaiting 2 brass knobbed inserts for a sells mendel to arrive in New Zealand as I couldn't source any locally, will let you know when they arrive

September 15, 2011 12:02PM
I've purchased pretty much all my hardware from Mixshop for my Prusa. It all arrived in a timely fashion (Canada Post from Toronto to Vancouver).

Just yesterday I received some extruder parts and was a little disappointed with the peek block quality...a little sloppily cut and not straight. Minor for sure but still.

Also bought the aluminum thick sheet set and it's missing the holes for the belts which is annoying since I'll have to drill them myself.

They keep adding things to the catalog....so I have to keep ordering things to build out a Wade's extruder.

I had ordered the 'complete kit' but it appears that it wasn't a complete kit and was missing a few parts that they sell separately. Would have been nice if they had simply stated "you'll need x, y and z to complete this kit" which I would have added to my cart.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login