Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Commercial hot end options?

Posted by Pointedstick 
Commercial hot end options?
September 20, 2011 09:26PM
I know about Makergear and Arcol.hu, but what others are there? I ask because I bought a Makerbear hot end kit and apparently I'm just not hardcore enough to assemble it, so I'm in the market for something simpler or pre-assembled.
Re: Commercial hot end options?
September 20, 2011 09:29PM
try thingfarm in the UK I just received 2 of there J nozzles and they look excellent, haven't actually tried them yet

September 20, 2011 11:06PM
@pointedstick - plz email me your name so that I can see what you have.

Rick
September 20, 2011 11:43PM
PM sent.
September 21, 2011 12:44PM
Curious, what problems did you have assembling the makergear kit? I'm a fan of their stuff because assembly seemed really straightforward, and the end result is more reliable than anything else I've tried.
September 21, 2011 04:41PM
It sounds like makergear are helping with the original query, but I wanted to hijack the thread a little to say this is the kind of query I am hoping development tracker will prove useful in helping out with. For example, this might of been useful for the original query:

http://reprap.development-tracker.info/developments/categories/Commercial_AND_HotEnd

or, more generically perhaps:

http://reprap.development-tracker.info/developments/categories/HotEnd

The question is whether sufficient data is in the system (i'm adding entries as I find them) and also determining what counts as "Commercial" in this case (most entries are, thankfully, open source), but I think having a central database of developments might prove useful.

Anyway, I hope you successfully build your hotend Pointedstick!

Cheers,
Gary

------------------------------------------
garyhodgson.com/reprap | reprap.development-tracker.info | thingtracker.net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login