Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS Repair help please

Posted by Anthong Redbeard 
RAMPS Repair help please
September 28, 2011 09:05AM
I have a 1.2 RAMPS. I think I managed to short the resistor current to the thermistor.

now, even without a thermistor plugged in it reads 30C

Does anyone have an idea what this would be?

Arduino or RAMPS (Hopefully RAMPS) I see a components for each thermistor on the board, if I borke that 1 component would it make sense to get the results I have?

thanks,
-Anthong
Re: RAMPS Repair help please
September 28, 2011 02:50PM
The thermistor is one side of a voltage divider, the other side is a resistor. Also in the circuit is a capacitor who's job it is to smooth out the flow of electrons. If any of these components are damaged you will get a voltage reading that is incorrect.

So to find out you can measure the resistance of the the thermistor and other resistor and check them against what they are supposed to be. If its the capacitor then temperature should not show up stable, but still read something.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
September 28, 2011 04:55PM
You will have destroyed the analogue input pin of the Arduino.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
September 28, 2011 05:08PM
Thanks NOPhead. I'll try routing the Pin I guess. Failing that the arduino Megas should be chepaer since they just announced the new 32 bit ones.
Re: RAMPS Repair help please: RESOLVED
September 29, 2011 08:49PM
Johhny (Ultimachine) had me remove the A2 pin on the RAMPS and jumper it to the A3, changed the pin in firmware and it worked 1st time!

best support evar!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login