Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parts

Posted by dep 
dep
Parts
July 14, 2009 06:32PM
Hi!
I'd like to build a RepRap machine (aiming for a Darwin RepRap, with Gen3 electronics). Does anyone have a machine capable of making the parts (see plans at: [objects.reprap.org] )? If you do, and are willing to help a new hobbyist by making the parts on your RepRap, I'll be happy to compensate for the materials, shipping & labor smiling smiley

Also, I'd like to know what parts, in addition to the ones I linked to plus a kit like [store.makerbot.com] , do I need to build a functional RepRap?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2009 07:05PM by dep.
Re: Parts
July 18, 2009 06:11AM
No working reprap in Finland as far as I know.
November 04, 2009 08:33AM
Still no working repraps in Finland? Planning to make own if found parts somewhere near.
February 15, 2010 03:18AM
By far, there are about 3-5 Mendels currently being constructed in Finland. One Darwin project and a few Repstrap/McWire projects. But none of these projects so far have been finished yet.
March 04, 2010 07:39AM
How you came up with that estimate? I know of only one plan to make a Mendel type reprap and two other repstraps. Anyway, you all should at least join the Finnish hackerspace community: Hacklabs-fi.referata.com

In Helsinki we are gaining serious momentum, just need to collect some 4000€ to be able to rent a space.
April 12, 2011 06:36AM
A gentleman in the States just sent me the RP parts for my first Prusa Mendel. Now, I'd like to get hardware, but I'd like to buy local, as in K-Rauta, if possible. Translating the English parts list to Finnish is above my pay grade. Following is the list in English with as much Finnish as my wife and I could figure out. Will someone please correct and complete this list? If you're feeling especially magnanimous, I'd like to have the names of the parts in Swedish, too. The reason is that I want to document the construction of this machine to aid the first time builder in Finland.

70 x m3 washer (aluslaatta)
2 x m4 washer (aluslaatta)
93 x m8 washer (aluslaatta)
6 x m8 washer (aluslaatta) 30mm

2 x m4 nut (mutteri)
83 x m8 nut (mutteri)

8 x m3 nyloc

3 x m8 set screw (kiristysruuvi, lukitusruuvi, säätöruuvi)

22 x m3 socket 10mm
16 x m3 socket 25mm
4 x m3 socket 40mm
2 x m4 socket 20mm

3 x 608zz bearing (laakeri)
1 x 5mm pitch (hammasjako) x 5mm wide (levys) x 870mm  long (pituus) Syncroflex technology timing belt (teknologia ajoitus nauha)
1 x 5mm pitch (hammasjako) x 5mm wide (levys) x 1410mm long (pituus) Syncroflex technology timing belt (teknologia ajoitus nauha)

Smooth rods (sileäpintainen tanko):
2 x 495
2 x 406
2 x 350

Threaded rods (kierteitetty tanko):
6 x 370
4 x 294
3 x 440
2 x 210
1 x 50
April 12, 2011 07:53AM
70 x m3 washer (aluslaatta)
 2 x m4 washer (aluslaatta)
 93 x m8 washer (aluslaatta)
 6 x m8 washer (aluslaatta) 30mm

2 x m4 nut (mutteri)
 83 x m8 nut (mutteri)

8 x m3 nyloc (lukitusmuteri)

3 x m8 set screw (kiristysruuvi, lukitusruuvi,
 säätöruuvi, pidätinruuvi)

22 x m3 socket 10mm (Kuusiokoloruuvi)
 16 x m3 socket 25mm (kuusiokoloruuvi)
 4 x m3 socket 40mm 8kuusiokoloruuvi)
 2 x m4 socket 20mm (kuusiokoloruuvi)

3 x 608zz bearing (laakeri)
 1 x 5mm pitch (hammasväli (i think)) x 5mm wide (leveys) x
 870mm  long (pituus) Syncroflex technology timing
 belt (jakohihna/hammashihna)
 1 x 5mm pitch (hammasväli) x 5mm wide (leveys) x
 1410mm long (pituus) Syncroflex technology timing
 belt (jakohihna/hammashihna)

Smooth rods (sileäpintainen tanko/sileä tanko/(many names)):
 2 x 495
 2 x 406
 2 x 350

Threaded rods (Kierretanko):
 6 x 370
 4 x 294
 3 x 440
 2 x 210
 1 x 50

Here smiling smiley

I'm currently building mendel and i have:
Plastic parts
Belts
Bolts
Rods
Electronics

Still missing motors, hot end, thick sheets and something else
April 14, 2011 01:21PM
Here's my page about finnish repraps: [hacklabs-fi.referata.com]
Here's about prices of hardware, I can give edit rights to interested people: [spreadsheets.google.com]

K-Rauta is expensive, except for nuts. Here are some hint's about hardware stores, additions are welcome: [hacklabs-fi.referata.com]

Hex head socket screws are nice, but non-flat philips heads ('koneruuvi', 'kupukantainen') are much easier to come by and cheaper here in Finland.

I've mostly assembled a Prusa mendel, we'll see if I can get it working before my order of an Ultimaker arrives smiling smiley

Btw. hacklabs in Helsinki and Tampere have spaces already, and Turku has an IRC channel. Would be nice to meet if any of you ever happen to find yourselves here in Helsinki...
October 03, 2011 08:35AM
Hello Everybody,

I bumped into RepRap about one year ago, but at that time I didn't have time to get in to this project. Now I am planning to start building my own reprap.

I would appreciate some advice on this project. I have decided to get a complete kit for building reprap. My problem is that I don't know should I buy Mendel V2 or Orca v0.30 kit?

So could somebody from finnish users give me some advice/tips/tricks how to continue. Experience on building reprap would be very good, so I could avoid doing some basic mistakes.

Email, Private Message or Answer to here would be nice. The most wanted way of course is on the list first.

Also, if here in Kuopio area are people who are interested in RepRap project and its possibilities, please take contact.

Best regards

Ari
October 04, 2011 12:14PM
Hi,

about Prusa vs. Orca, I do not think anyone but you can make a choice between those two for you. I wouldn't. Sorry.

Some remarks about mendel building in Finland.
* Mendel 'Bill of material' covers mendel only. Be prepared to make another trip to the fastener shop to get those missing fasterers for your chosen extruder.
* In most of the places normal K-rauta style button/round headed phillips screw (ristipää kupukantainen) is ok to replace the hex socket (kuusiokolo) ones intended to mendel, but especially adrian's geared extruder requires right style screws.
* threaded rod is easy to get, but you have to hunt for smooth rod. Ask for 'pyörötanko' or 'pyöröteräs'. And check what you get. Local K-rauta was eagerly selling it, but when i went for it, all I could find was totally rusted and corrated bent and twisted pieces of rubbish. Maybe you should pay more for zinc plated or stainless (kiiltosinkitty / ruostumaton). I'm not totally sure about these terms, though.
* 624zz bearings - uh. These seem to cost 5 euros a piece. And for the original mendel I needed 48 of them. It was easy for me to convince myself to order them from abroad. Total cost ~15 euros + postage. (the ones I got were cheapest made in china ones. I cannot recommend those as they did not roll when tightly between washers. I was able to leave them slightly loose in all but one place and that was OK)
* Fire cement for securing the hot end resistor and thermistor - what a mess! different shop, different name. I've seen it called at least tulikitti, palokitti, uunikitti, kattilakitti, pannukitti and I cannot tell the difference. (Another possibility might be exhaust cement - pakoputken korjausmassa/paikkaustahna)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2011 12:37AM by HACY.
October 05, 2011 01:37AM
HACY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some remarks ...

and from yesterday evening
* DON'T order Prusa hot end for original mendel. Get the one with longer barrel. It fits in but only 1mm airgap between hot hotend and mendel x-carriage plastics is prone to fail (or melt). Picture yourself hotend partly inside the carriage, not under it.

Back to the drawing board. Either
* I have to order a new hotend or
* have someone to print me this. [www.reprap.org]

PS: I know, offtopic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2011 02:29AM by HACY.
October 05, 2011 05:24AM
HACY Wrote:
> * have someone to print me this.
> [www.reprap.org]

I got a message that those parts are printed and itella is about to deliver them to me.

Thanks,

October 05, 2011 04:30PM
No problem - OpenX printed quite nicely after all and it's always nice to help fellow 3D printer activist.

It was also nice to meet you in that Perho "DIY"-event. Later I have read that media / newspapers made few articles about that printer I had. One of them was titled "Materiaalitulostin mullistaa esinekäsityksen" which I think was a hilarious title smiling smiley

Hopefully we'll get more DIY / MakerFair - style events arranged in the future. It would be nice to have at least 3 different types of printers in the same table, printing parts for each other. I know 2 new printers here in Tampere region that have printed their first prints in these last 2 months. So definitely things are gaining some speed in Finland also. Also ABS is being sourced directly from China to here, I just heard that first batches have arrived.

Best regards,

Henkka
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login