Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

where to buy ALU extrusions in the area?

Posted by realthor 
where to buy ALU extrusions in the area?
August 13, 2015 04:21AM
Hi guys, sorry for not speaking Finnish smiling smiley, I will be in Finland for the next couple of years and want to build a 3d printer of some sorts to support my other projects. Most likely I will be building a CoreXY of some sorts.

I want to use ALU extrusions with bearing rollers as linear guides and was wondering where can I get the needed pieces in the area? (SE,FI, EST, ?). Of course I am about the best deal for the money, if not for myself at least in the reprap spirit, where vitamins are a bad thing smiling smiley.

Kiitos.

RepRap Lander concept on Concept Forge
RepRap Lander concept on RepRap Forums
My Things, mostly experimental stuff
Re: where to buy ALU extrusions in the area?
November 15, 2015 07:03AM
I planed to buy a cheap chinese 3D printer to make experiments for one of my own design and, because I won't stay for too long in Finland I don't want to buy a very expensive one because I will not take it with me.

It looks like nobody bought a 3d printer from China. Maybe you know the customtax if a kit is bought from there? I really wouldn't like to pay 60Eur just for custom tax.

November 16, 2015 04:49PM
In case of outside EU purchase VAT tax and import/custom duties are charged if value goes over certain amount. Have a look at these pages:
[www.tulli.fi]
[www.tulli.fi]

If you want to penny pinch, buy parts separately so no shipment goes over the limit :-)
November 17, 2015 04:43AM
Thanks, that helped. "Penny pinching" can be done for packages no more than 22Eur each. Custom Tax can be avoided for packages no more than 150Eur but VAT will be paid still.

Regarding the ALU (T-slot/V-slot) extrusions in Finland, isn't there any facility that makes them? Or a place where they can be purchased?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2015 04:46AM by realthor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login