Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kansas City (Missouri/Kansas) RepRap Users Group

Posted by Vince Thompson 
Lets see whats happening in the Kansas City area. RepRap and Robotics have a place here.
Re: Kansas City (Missouri/Kansas) RepRap Users Group
January 18, 2008 11:41PM
Forum created. Good luck. You may want to give these guys a call:

[www.kansascityrobotics.org]

Cheers,
-Sebastien Bailard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2008 11:43PM by SebastienBailard.
March 01, 2011 01:02PM
Sorry if this is not where to post but is there any way to get in contact with someone about getting a model printed off so I can see the quality of this device? We are interested in using the 3d technology as a selling tool and am currently comparing several different models. Also is there a link on where to get the material and what is the cost? Please let me know who I should contact or where to go. I am from the Missouri area and found this Kansas City post. Thank You.
I went to ebay and spent a hundred dollars fo the printed parts, which to me seemed outrageous but where else? Lowes and other local places for the rest. Once I srarted building the prusa there were several abnormalities but overall good. I am still waiting for some more pocket change(around $300) to buy the gen6 electronics from [reprap-kits.com] along with other stuff too.
Would anyone in KC or surrounding area be interested in helping me out? I'd like to build one of these repraps but I do not have the money to invest in parts. If anyone has an old printer they don't use anymore like a darwin or other legacy printer then I'd be happy to take it off your hands! I know somebody out there has to have some odd ball parts laying around! I just need some help getting started. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks. Email: awilldunk11@yahoo.com
If you want a pre-assembled, working printer it's going to cost *MORE* than if you build it yourself, not less. All told, I've spent $500-600 on parts for my printer. On top of that I've spent probably 100 hours making it work. even if I only value my time at minimum wage, that's $800 right there. I might sell one of my old printers for $1500-1600 because I know my time investment was kind of a one-time deal, the subsequent printers will go much faster, but there's no way in hell I'm going to just give it away.
August 27, 2012 12:39AM
Hi everyone.

I am new here. I am interested in building a 3D printer but really don't know where to start. I live in NE Kansas and was wondering if anyone in the Kansas City area would let me see their 3D printer? I want to learn more. I want to use a 3D printer primarily for prototypes and art work. Can anyone help me out?

Red
April 13, 2014 04:53PM
EmptyStapler here: looking for some local RepRap'ers. Anyone still active here in the KC area? Is there a better community board for the KC area?

-ES

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2014 04:55PM by EmptyStapler.
May 11, 2014 10:09AM
Im in Salina, most people aroud here dont even know what a 3d printer is.
July 20, 2015 11:20PM
Hello everyone I'm new to the reprap scene, and already having difficulties. I went and got me an Arduino mega2560 and a ramps1.4 with 4 A4988 drivers, and for the life of me I can't get the motors to do anything! I removed one of the drivers and stuck it on a breadboard put a basic test program on another mega I have and voila! stepidy step stepin away! So why won't the freakin! ramps work?? arrrrg! I'm just tryin get them to anything, but I get nothin.

KansasCityBob
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login