Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vancouver Island - botmill issue

Posted by TwinGears 
Vancouver Island - botmill issue
October 27, 2011 01:38AM
I am looking for other RepRappers on Vancouver Island and BC, hoping to get a printer up and running by the end of the year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2011 09:49PM by TwinGears.
Re: Vancouver Island - botmill issue
October 28, 2011 04:02PM
sorry, hoping for this year but time will tell

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2011 09:53PM by TwinGears.
October 28, 2011 05:27PM
If you still need one I can probably make one for you. $5 plus shipping from Abbotsford BC. It would be custom made for you based on where you want the hobbing and length of bolt you want. (not in the threads)

Brad

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
October 29, 2011 01:00PM
Thanks Brad - I will get a hold of you if I need parts, as I can't make my own yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2011 09:54PM by TwinGears.
October 29, 2011 01:50PM
Actually the nut in the gear is more common than you would ever think. I have two machines and a few other extruders and ALL of them have the nuts in the gear. This allows you to use washers under the head of the bolt to get the spacing correct, otherwise you have to space the gear further away which means the pinion gear on the motor has to be further out on the shaft causing more issues.

But if you do still want a new bolt to fit the other way around you will need to provide a drawing showing exactly where you want the hobbing (and even then it maybe out +/- 1mm).

The splitting is also a common problem and is why most RepRappers recommend NOT using nylocks. It is really hard to tell how tight a nut or bolt is against the surface when the nylock is giving a lot of resistance. This causes people to over tighten the bolts which results in de-lamination. The good news is most people use the split parts without any issues.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
November 01, 2011 05:38PM
I bought some 10 bearings for $20.05, what a rip off but since all things have gone to crap for the time being. I think it's time to order from makergear. I haven't heard any thing bad about them, botmill is off my purchase list - that's a sure thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2011 09:55PM by TwinGears.
February 19, 2012 04:28PM
i recently got an axis 2.1 from botmill. they did ship next day and all the bits were there. but i'm 99% through my build and sent 3 emails for support... none of them got a reply. so yea, stay away from botmill

if only i saw all these posts before i put in the order. it was pretty much an impulse buy, but now i guess i have to work with what i got.
February 21, 2012 02:55PM
Hi Ghostling,

So sorry to hear about your lack of support. It is unacceptable and we will reconcile the matter immediately. Please send me an email and we will make sure you are taken care of immediately.

--------------------------

Shaan Dholakia
BotMill 3D Printers
[www.BotMill.com]
shaan@botmill.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login