Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fraser Valley RepRap User Group

Posted by Glitch3DModels 
Fraser Valley RepRap User Group
June 25, 2012 12:15AM
Hello visitors to the Vancouver Mini Maker Faire, please visit the Fraser Valley RepRap Users Group for information about our meet ups.

[forums.reprap.org]

We look forward to seeing you this Wednesday.

Andrew
@Glitch3DModels
Glitch3DModels.tumblr.com
Vancouver, BC, Canada
How do I join this group?
Where can I get info about getting a RepRap Kit in Vancouver?

Thanks,
DanielR
Re: Fraser Valley RepRap User Group
July 01, 2012 03:27PM
Consider yourself joined! We're just getting a formal site setup for the group:

http://3d604.org

which links to a Google Group at present. We'll be adding more localized stuff like a sources wiki and more soon.

As for Prusa Kits, many of the folks here can print you a set...were you looking for a full kit, just printed parts or just wondering where to start?

I can print you a set of parts. You can see the quality of the parts on my site. Prices range from $80-100 depending on color.

Disregard the down for maintenance message....my printer is back online although I'm not formally reopening the store until after the long weekend.

John

[johnbiehler.com]
July 02, 2012 08:41PM
John,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am interested to build a 3-D printer so the printed parts, a full-kit and wondering where to start are all true!!!

If you have full kits available for a good price, that would interest me otherwise I'lll settle for the printed parts and sourcing the rest myself. I'm open to your suggestion as to the best path to get started.

I built a small home CNC machine a few years back so I am comfortable putting things together myself. I'll try be at your next meeting (when/where?) to learn more.

Thanks,
Daniel
July 02, 2012 09:33PM
Many of us have got our hardware kits from Mixshop and got the printed parts from someone in the group.

I don't have full kits, just printed parts.

Alternatively, our club has spawned two different printers that are for sale (or soon to be) that you may be interested in as well. Check out my MakerFaire post for photos and links to Brad's Tantillus and Eugene's Ditto printers if you want something a little different than the Prusa.

[johnbiehler.com]
July 13, 2012 04:35PM
Hi John,

It was good meeting you at the Fraser Valley User group meeting this week. I want to get a set of printed parts to build a Prusa when you are printing again. The colour is not important to me - whatever you have available.

Let me know the price and if you need anything else from me or have any other questions.
Thanks,
DanielR
July 13, 2012 04:49PM
Sounds great....I should be done with the Tantillus parts early next week.

My kits are between $80-105 depending on filament color. I'll PM you Monday/Tuesday when I'm done the other stuff.

[johnbiehler.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login