Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One More

Posted by Samkat 
One More
February 16, 2010 10:34PM
We're one more vancouver based group working on a Mendel Repstrap. We've got an Electronics Wizard and two Warrior-Mechanics.

We're about 80% done on the frame, and will be finishing it up over the olympic break. We have motors, and our wizard is working on custom electronics. If all goes well, we'll have a functional machine in less than a month.

It'll be a while before we can print parts for anyone, our first priority is to Repstrap a real Reprap into being for our group, but once we do that we'll probably be interested in helping to build the local infrastructure.

Just wanted to shout out and let anyone interested know that there are more reprappers in town.

Also, wondering if anyone knows of a good source of plastic stock in vancouver? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Re: One More
February 18, 2010 04:24AM
As is happens, Bing has sent out an invitation for the FIRST Reprap party in Vancouver, this Saturday.

"Dear Vancouver Reprappers,

I'd like to invite you to the FIRST Reprap party in Vancouver=D

When: Saturday, February 20th, 7pm
Where: The Eatery (3431 West Broadway) [www.theeatery.ca],
recommended by Wade."

You are all welcome to join. I'll be there, I'm six feet tall, have light brown hair and will be wearing a purple shirt.

Wade has bought plastic, he'll be at the party and his forum profile is:
[dev.forums.reprap.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2010 03:40AM by Enrique.
February 19, 2010 04:34AM
Awesome! We're working on our Darwin (finished except for some persistent extruder troubles) out at UBC. And it would be great to have you and your warrior/wizard friends join us on Saturday!
February 19, 2010 09:27PM
Sweet, this sounds great. I have confirmation that at least two of us will be there tomorrow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login