Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap builders in the Okanagan

Posted by windcatcher 
RepRap builders in the Okanagan
March 01, 2011 01:20AM
There are a few people up here in the Okanagan building repraps.
Problem is, there are no suppliers of anything locally so I am making a trip to Vancouver to see if I can get some Electronics and Belts.
Does anyone know where I could get a belt kit in Vancouver?
I am building Adrian's Pololu boards so I will also be looking for a supplier for electronics as well.
Is there a particular store that stocks endo stops etc.?

Thanks
Re: RepRap builders in the Okanagan
March 01, 2011 12:17PM
Hey, swing by the CoLab at 525 Great Northern Way; I've got several repraps there.

I've not found a local supplier of belts; SDP-SI will ship to Canada for a price, as will Small Parts Inc.

Lee's electronics over on Main St has Arduinos, and maybe opto's, but for specific parts Digikey.ca will ship to Canada for $8.

Wade
Re: RepRap builders in the Okanagan
March 01, 2011 11:03PM
Thanks for the info Wade. I will see if I can get some belts from Precision. I have them in my search list but I didn't find any reprap belts there last time. Now that I know they have them I will look at their site a lot closer. I will try Lees Electronics for the optos and order online so I can just pick them up when I come down. Unfortunately I am making a flying trip mid week to catch a Canucks game or I would take you up on your offer to see your machines. How many machines are you running? Which electronics do you find work best?

I got my parts from Ecker Tech Inc. [www.eckertech.com] in Ontario and the parts are top notch. Kudos to those guys. They were printed with a 0.406 tipped extruder. Any sage advise on which nozzle design to go with?

P.S. are you selling any reprapped parts yet? I have some freinds who don't want to wait for mine.

Cheers, and thanks again for the invite.

Windcatcher
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login