Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McWire RepStrap

Posted by OuZo 
McWire RepStrap
January 25, 2009 03:00AM
Hey all,

yesterday I completed the mechanical parts for my McWire RepStrap. I'm very excited.
Follow my blog for my full build experience. [iouzo.blogspot.com]
I had a bit of a hard time converting the imperial measurements to metric. I will try write up a BOM with only metric parts. I found that you could mostly substitute the original parts for anything similar.
Now its back to etching PCB's with ferric chloride for me sad smiley Anybody know of a cheap PCB manufacturing company? IE where I can order 1 board at a time for under R50

Either way, as soon as I have all the electrics done & working & then the machine working, I will build a 2nd McWire! I want 1 to have a dremmel on it, the other a plastics extruder!
Re: McWire RepStrap
April 21, 2009 12:10PM
Nice! I just read through your build process on the blog. Thanks for sharing! Have you made anything with your RepStrap yet?
April 21, 2009 01:48PM
Hi PeterC,

I am still busy building the RepStrap, it's not yet complete. (so I haven't made anything with it either)

I have all the electronics - mostly made - I blew a stepper driver board and need to make 3 or 4 more opto end stops.

Then the places to mount the opto end stops needs some work...

I should have it completed mid June, then I can start building things. Ill post about it when I get there thou.
October 04, 2009 05:02AM
I am haing 10 PCB's sets made as it is more cost effective than 1, conatct me in about 2 weeks I should have them done. I also have access to an assembler, so I will include the mounting of the components in one of the production runs as a freebie. This should be done late November, so I can also assist here.

Regards
January 18, 2018 06:44AM
Yeah, I know some of Cheap PCB manufacturing companies and tried WELLPCB and recommend you to try WELLPCB .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login