Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PRUSA i3 calibration

Posted by freddied 
PRUSA i3 calibration
April 09, 2014 03:06AM
Hi Guys,
So I've got my printer up and running, and got the first prints started. The XY&Z calibration is good. The problem I'm having is that the extruder head gets pushed into the print after around 7mm of printing, which utterly destroys the prints. Any advice as to what to look at? I've tried adjusting the layer height, but no luck. I'm using marlin firmware & the repetier host. I've got a 0.4mm extruder head w/ 1.75mm ABS.
Any help would be appreciated!
Re: PRUSA i3 calibration
May 06, 2015 05:19AM
Bed height calibrated?
May 09, 2015 07:20PM
How deep does it push in. Just about touching the part or like about 1mm and then destruction.

It can bee like previously mentioned. Check and recheck bed height. But before that make sure your x axis run parallel to your bed. Then it can also be that your speed is to high and the m5 rods start to move on the motors resulting in the print height going wrong. Show picture of how the or connected.

Riaan
May 10, 2015 05:31AM
Hey Guys,

Not quite a bed height issue, if it was then it would've been an issues from the first layer.

The speed hypothesis is a pretty good guess though.

I personally thought it may have been that they turns for lifting is a bit off, but I did test that too.

Although:

Anywho, I did eventually find the problem:

It was extruding too rapidly: My extruder stepper calibration in the firmware was a bit off.
I eventually adjusted that, then tested and adjusted the extrusion rate in slicer too.
That fixed it.

Sorry I haven't updated, the forum was pretty dead for a while.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login