Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: (example post) Create a forum for Example_Town, Example_Country? (example post)

Posted by Mike Davis 
Hi,

I'm Mike Davis ([email protected]),

Would you please create a forum for my (very) balmy home town of Cape Town, South Africa?

Thanks,
Mike
Re: (example post) Create a forum for Example_Town, Example_Country? (example post)
January 22, 2008 04:24PM
Done.

You may want to contact the fellow trying to start the South Africa dorkbot group:
[www.dorkbot.org]

Along with the cape town fab lab:
[www.fablab.co.za]

I normally try to point folk at a local robot hobbyist club, but .za doesn't seem to have one. However, the builder/developer of the huge-size free-plans CNC router is based in Cape Town:
[www.mechmate.com]
I would suggest you give him a call, he may be interested in doing up some parts for you cheap. Say, he could use his machine to make you one of these:

Joes CNC Model 2006
[www.cnczone.com]

Good luck.
-Sebastien Bailard
SebastienBailard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I normally try to point folk at a local robot
> hobbyist club, but .za doesn't seem to have one.
> However, the builder/developer of the huge-size
> free-plans CNC router is based in Cape Town:
> [www.mechmate.com]

Wow, I never knew that. That's pretty cool. We need more cnc builders and 3d printer builders in SA. I recently built a small diy cnc at home and you must see the look I got while trying to source parts for it at the local hardware shop....
November 23, 2009 01:03AM
Mike - how about changing the forum name to "South Africa RepRap User Group" since there are so few people in SA interested in RepRap at ths time?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login