Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for In-Person Help in Brisbane Area

Posted by Trendstate 
Looking for In-Person Help in Brisbane Area
June 05, 2012 07:36AM
Now I'm not sure if this is the place to post but please bear with me.

So, Me and another have been working on a Prusa using RAMPS 1.3 for some time now. We got together all the parts we needed, and the mechanical side is all but done. However, when it comes to electronics, however, we are pretty newbie and we've been having a lot of trouble.
First the electronics don't work, then the drivers burn out, then the motors don't spin, then they spin but with seemingly a seemingly random delay, then they don't spin so much as jitter and so on.

We've tried forums, IRCs, etc. but the problem seems to be that we don't know enough to answer relevant questions, let alone diagnose any specific issue to get help with. What we need is someone with experience to look at our electronics and be able to say "are you sure you've done X? ... This looks like you forgot Y ...What if you try X?" and, if necessary and/or possible, test our parts with their gear to identify any faults.

So is there anyone in Brisbane willing to give us a hand in person?

Thanks in advance.

TL;DR? Electronics don't work, newbies can't diagnose to get comprehensive enough help from online, willing to meet up in Bribane to help?
Re: Looking for In-Person Help in Brisbane Area
June 06, 2012 08:04PM
If you can't find someone to help out in person I recommend going to the Brisbane Hackerspace HSBNE. They meet on Tuesday nights in Fortitude Valley (see the website for details). If you can't get there on a Tuesday, join the list and ask if someone is willing to visit you and help get it going.

The guys there have quite a bit of experience with RepRaps (I think between members there is like 8 or something). They also have a good collection of tools and testing equipment at the space to help diagnose all sorts of problems.
June 11, 2012 07:07AM
Thanks Cefiar, I'll keep that in mind. Were there any other contacts in Brissie?
Hi,

I am looking for experience with prusa 3d printers. I have a degree in computer science majoring in electronic engineering. I have the knowledge and some tech experience and can diagnose problems.

Open minded people only.

Thanks

Georgie
August 04, 2012 10:55PM
Hi,
I would like some help too in Brisbane, so is there maybe a few of us interested in building our own repraps ?

Brian
August 14, 2012 03:54AM
Hey guys, I'm in Brisbane.

I've got an original Mendel, which I've had for a while. But I only recently got the time to start really getting it moving.

So yeah its still early stages but I'm printing pretty nice parts.

I don't know much about the RAMPS electronics though as I used a Gen 6 board which is all plug and play.

I'd like to help out.

Wally
June 07, 2013 08:27AM
Still need help with your electronics?

What's the problem.

Glenn
July 01, 2013 05:02AM
I see a few issues there but would require you explaining how each problem occurred. also you said the drivers burnt out. and the electronics didn't work, and there is an issue with the motors acting weird. make sure all your connections go to where they are supposed to, check solder joins,
I messed my first polulu by putting a 12v on the vcc which is 5volt..... its not that hard to overlook something simple
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login