Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

my first reprap

Posted by freerpg 
my first reprap
November 22, 2013 02:20AM
so I finally have most of what I need for my first 3d printer. thanks to the people on the forums I have over come some issues. I live at Rochedale south and hope to be printing soon.
my make is a prusa I3 but don't ask me what extruder I am using cos I don't know yet. I think its a greg one but unsure. I have grand schemes for my reprap but I need to make it bigger, current print size is 20 x 20 x 14 but want to up the base to 50 x 50 soon.
anyway am just posting a starters link to say thanks and would love to get input from fellow users around Brisbane.
oh and also does anyone know much bout powder printers? cos that's my next stop.
Re: my first reprap
November 26, 2013 02:39AM
so any Rochedale ish people out there? would like to get someone over that knows there stuff so I calibrate this thing properly.
am having an issue with a z axis motor atm but that should get resolved soon
November 26, 2013 03:39PM
I might be able to help. PM if you want to talk about it,
December 02, 2013 06:58PM
so jo isn't responding anyone else?
having an issue with the extruder, thinking its the hobbed bolt but could be temp, jhead, gear ratio.......list goes on

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2013 06:58PM by freerpg.
December 03, 2013 11:23PM
You will have to provide more details about what the problem is with the extruder, without it we cant help you. I.e. Does it make grinding noises? Shredding filament? Not moving at all etc Have you set the correct ESteps yet? Are you using the correct temperature for the filament ?

I would suggest ruling out each part one by one.

Remove hobbed bolt and hotend, and check if filament can move through the extruder block hole by hand and there are no blockages.
Check the hobbed bolt and make sure the groove is even and make sure the groove lines up with the filament hole in extruder. With the hotend still removed see if you turn the gears the filament can go through
Heat up the hotend and see if it reaches temperature.
Heat up the hotend and choose to extrude say 10mm without any filament loaded and check that the hobbed bolt is actually rotating, and in the correct direction.
December 26, 2013 12:05AM
I live at Waterford west area, I went to Rochedale school many years ago.
December 27, 2013 04:50AM
sdavi
I.e. Does it make grinding noises? Shredding filament? Not moving at all etc Have you set the correct ESteps yet? Are you using the correct temperature for the filament ?

I would suggest ruling out each part one by one.

Remove hobbed bolt and hotend, and check if filament can move through the extruder block hole by hand and there are no blockages.
Check the hobbed bolt and make sure the groove is even and make sure the groove lines up with the filament hole in extruder. With the hotend still removed see if you turn the gears the filament can go through
Heat up the hotend and see if it reaches temperature.
Heat up the hotend and choose to extrude say 10mm without any filament loaded and check that the hobbed bolt is actually rotating, and in the correct direction.

+1!
January 03, 2014 02:02AM
hey guys Christmas kept me busy just getting back to checking all the myriad of places. I got most of it working. there is an issue with hotend being way too hot, bought new thermistor so will try it out. the hobbed bolt seems ok but the filament was less than perfect so got new roll of filament. next days off will try again.

So Jo you still available? it will be a case of coming around and showing me what I need to do to get it perfect.
January 21, 2014 06:49PM
hey jo... check your private messages
February 10, 2014 12:25AM
Oh, sorry grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login