Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Part Buy in

Posted by Oscar Fox 
Part Buy in
November 02, 2009 08:39PM
Hi everyone,

The Australian RepRap groups seem to be losing a bit of momentum lately, I think this may be due to the lack of parts here in Oz.

I have looked at sourcing all the metal parts from the U.S and am inquiring to see how many people would be interested in a kit.

The kit contains:

1 brass nozzle with a 0.4mm orifice
1 brass heater barrel
1 PTFE thermal break
1 steel drive screw
2 brass half-bearings for the drive screw
2 nuts for the steel drive screw

I am currently waiting for the pricing to bring in a bulk lot and will let anyone interested know

Please reply if your interested.
Re: Part Buy in
November 04, 2009 12:19AM
Just a quick update,

The parts will be for version 2 and comes with a PTFE insulator and a Brass combination heater barrel and nozzle (0.5mm orifice)

This a much simplified design (see here [reprap.org] )

This design does not require the drive screw, bearings etc.

Pricing will be around $20.00 AU per kit. I will be bringing in a batch of ten but I will want about 5 confirmed orders before I do so. if you want a kit please PM me.
Andrew Luecke
February 10, 2010 07:27AM
I'm contemplating building a reprap, but haven't yet done the maths.. Also, not sure if I will wait for the next generation of Reprap or not yet
Andrew Luecke
February 10, 2010 07:28AM
WTF, silly forum software revealed my email address.. Any way to delete my previous message? (I'd like to hide my email to stop spam)
February 10, 2010 09:06AM
WTF, silly forum software revealed my email address.. Any way to delete my previous message? (I'd like to hide my email to stop spam)

I've cleaned it up. If you want folk to contact you, you can create a forum account so that people can message you, or use one of the other modes of internet comms.
September 04, 2010 02:32AM
I am new to RipRap, not familiar with what involved if I want build a Mandel. However I am interested to build one. Waht other parts I have to get apart form the Kit you are talking about.
March 22, 2011 08:34AM
I sell full prusa kits, I'm in Perth but slow parcell post isn't that expensive across oz. PM me if you are interested. (end shameless plug)

EDIT: photos here [www.freeasinsteins.com]
Summery of prices etc here :[forums.reprap.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2011 06:32AM by letsburn00.
April 24, 2011 07:46AM
how much for the prusa, I am in QLD
May 02, 2011 06:32AM
I've updated my post it with prices and photo link
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login