Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X axis Resonance in itopie

Posted by masterviana 
X axis Resonance in itopie
January 03, 2018 07:55AM
I've build a itopie model with arduino ramps 1.4 stepper driver drv8825 and motors nema 17 with 59nm.

I'm not able to calibrate X axis, I've calibrated drv8825 with 0.5v since I've motors with current 2.0A, but I have a lot of annoying resonance in X.

I leave the link for a Video for you can check for yourself.

Can anyone help with this? My guess is motors have to torque what is normal torque for a Prusa like printer??
Re: X axis Resonance in itopie
January 03, 2018 12:10PM
2A with nema 17 on X axis ? I think it's too much. 1A or less is enough for this printer. If it's not, may be you have something wrong on X axis : belt too tight, bad linear ball bearing, broken Z carriage ....
The Z coupler could be a problem too : this model is known to generate lot of noise. Just touch it with a finger when X carriage move to "see" if it's change something.
Next step : test every component separatly, and try to find the origin of vibration. A smartphone with "Vibrometer" could help you.
Good luck !
January 03, 2018 01:31PM
Thanks for your reply indeed know that this frame a bit louder its great for Z and for Y its OK but the noise that bothers me is the X.

I'll follow your tips using the vibrometer and finger to check where is the vibration.

What do you mean with Z coupler? How could Z coupler be the origin of the problem? Its help using motor dumper in X? Could this reduce the noise?
January 05, 2018 07:08AM
This type of coupler is like a spring. If you have a vibration, it amplify a lot with a metallic sound. If you unscrew the two couplers, move X, and sound goes down, it could be a part of your problem.
Also check the X motor alone (without the belt) and the wiring. If one wire is broken or not in good order, it could produce vibrations.
Try to exchange the drivers between X & Y for example. If one output is burn out, it could also produce vibrations.
Another idea : shut down the motors and move the X carriage with hand. If you feel hard(s) point(s), it's not good.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login