Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good places to buy metric?

Posted by mrShrimp 
Good places to buy metric?
April 05, 2013 11:45PM
Hi,

I live in Seattle and am starting a club at my school in which we will build and upgrade a 3d printer. We are trying to build it by the end of the school year so I have bought a kit for it, but I want to source the parts for the upgrade locally as much as possible. The printer is a RepRapPro Mendel, and the upgrade will be an additional two extruders. The parts I envision being able to buy locally would be metric fasteners, the fan/heatsink, and PTFE tube. Are there any places where I might be able to purchase those items?

So far I have been able to find Stoneway Hardware, these guys: ProfessionalPlastics, and Fry's electronics for the fan.
Re: Good places to buy metric?
April 06, 2013 01:00AM
Tacoma Screw is very useful for fasteners, and Fastenal stores are often well stocked, but it helps to use the web site to figure which ones near you stock which parts, before you waste a trip. Another resource for particularly small parts is RC model stores, if you don't mind a bit higher prices for the convenience.
Re: Good places to buy metric?
April 06, 2013 06:31PM
Thanks! Tacoma Screw seems to have a lot of the fasteners that I am looking for.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login