Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fire cement

Posted by tbenst 
Fire cement
August 01, 2009 05:44PM
Hi all--

I have been slowly making progress on my laser-cut rep (st)rap the last few months, but I am in need of some fire cement because mine has hardened. Cannot find the stuff for purchase anywhere. Does anyone have some extra fire cement / know where to purchase it?

Thanks!
Re: Fire cement
August 01, 2009 09:33PM
Where are you located? (Edit - ah, I didn't check the forum name - Washington!) I bought 2 kg of Imperial Hi-Temp Stove & Furnace Cement from a Home Hardware store in Toronto, Canada - it's worked very well, held up way better than JB Weld, and doesn't flake off my extruder, even though I don't use any external copper pipe over the heater section.

One year later, and about 10 g used, the tub still seems nice and wet. I'm in Vancouver now though; should be close enough for shipping? If you don't find any locally, I'll mail you a few 100 g for the cost of shipping.

Wade

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2009 09:35PM by Wade.
October 14, 2009 02:20PM
Fire Cement and Vitcas Heatproof Screed is avilable online from Vitcas
November 21, 2009 02:53AM
Send me a PM if you still need any.
April 11, 2013 09:23AM
late note but new to forum-i used rtv on one end, added som heat sink compound in the middlle, then capped the other end with rtv. the heat sink compound should help with the transfer to the heater body and rtv is easy to remove if needed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login