Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rhode

Posted by Chris Connors 
Rhode
August 06, 2012 08:03PM
You should be aware that the Rhode Island Maker Faire is rapidly approaching. 

The date is Saturday, August 11, 2012. 
Here is the website for MFRI: [makerfaireri.com]
On the site, you can see a link to the location, the Pell Chafee center at 87 Empire Street in Providence. 
It's the same weekend as the RI Foo Fest: [www.as220.org]

Since you may have already participated in a Maker Faire, you probably have a sense of what to expect.

It is fun.

Commercial vendors are welcome to bring goods for sale. 

Here is a call for Makers from organizer Brian Jepson:

The Call to Makers is still open for this years' faire, but we're only up to six confirmed makers (though I have a few more on board who haven't submitted their proposals). Please join us this year, and please spread the word about the call to makers. We're going to have a huge building to ourselves this year, and I want to fill it completely with maker-y goodness!

Submission Form: [docs.google.com]
Faire Details: [makerfaireri.com]

While I will be present for part of the day, I am hesitant to commit to a presentation slot. A number of us have presented at various Maker Faires, so it should be pretty similar. Basically, it goes like this: people say who's in, somebody starts speaking for the group, we ask for enough table space and power strips, then the day of the event we arrive with bots, computers, pla, abs, sample parts and get ready to answer lots of questions, many of them repeats.

It's a good time, and if you act now, you just might score one of the worlds finest credentials: [blog.makezine.com]

Questions? You can contact me off list, and I will forward your message on to Brian Jepson.

If you've got any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me or Brian. His email address is Brian Jepson bjepson courtesy of gmail
Thanks
Chris Connors
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login