Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Create a forum for Tokyo, Japan?

Posted by dadederakh 
Create a forum for Tokyo, Japan?
August 24, 2008 01:43PM
Hello!

I'm David Pimentel.
If you'd like to reach me post here or mail (davidATserverDOTjp).
I'm actually from Oklahoma, but I live in Japan.

If you could be so kind as to create a group for (Tokyo, Japan)?

Yoroshiku!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2008 01:24AM by David Pimentel.

David
Re: Create a forum for Tokyo, Japan?
August 28, 2008 05:48AM
Yea! Tokyo Group Online!

I showed the RepRap to the boss at Server.jp. He might build one as well!

Also, if there are any Japanese here, I understand a little Japanese but please post in romaji or hiragana! I can't read Kanji yet sad smiley

Server.jp no shacho ni RepRap oshieta. Tabun kare mo RepRap skuteru!

To, moshi nihonjin ga iru, watashi wa chotto nihongo wakaru kedo romaji matawa hiragana de post shitte kudasai! Kanji mada yonerunai ne sad smiley

David
October 20, 2008 04:00AM
The parts from BitsFromBytes came today!

I am so happy!!!! smiling smiley

Kyo BitsFromBytes no paatsu kitta!!

Ureshiiiiii!!!! smiling smiley

David
Anonymous User
Tokyo Reprap User Group
December 20, 2008 06:47AM
Hello David,
How is assembly coming along? I have been following the RepRap project for quite a while but haven't had the courage to try to assemble one myself yet. I live close to Tsukuba, Ibaraki, but I work in Tokyo. I am originally from Texas.

Anyway, I think it would be great if we could set-up some kind of user (builder?) group in Tokyo.

Cheers,
Ivan
Re: Tokyo Reprap User Group
January 17, 2009 04:42AM
Isn't that Tsukuba Science City? That's a great place to live for doing a project like this.

Where do you work? I'm in Fuchu-shi, about 20 minutes from Shinjuku.

Yes, we need some kind of co-operative. We may be the only two working on this at the moment, but I've been telling friends about it and trying to get people interested.

The RepRap take a lot of work, a lot of time, and little money to get going. Mine is mostly a pile of parts right now. If you want to get started fast, I recommend getting a full laser-cut kit. I bought only the plastic parts hoping to save money, but I didn't save much at all and I'm having a lot of trouble finding parts. Akihabara has everything you need, except the plastics, but you have to dig pretty deep to find it all.

Good luck,
David

David
Anonymous User
January 18, 2009 07:47AM
I work close to Tokyo station, so it seems we are a bit far apart. However, I pass through Akihabara everyday.

My plan is to focus on the electronic/software side of things first. I do not have access to the tools necessary to create the mechanical hardware (neither do I currently have the skills) and will probably need to order a kit somewhere down the road. At this point, I have only gotten to installing the main RepRap software and practicing my soldering with some little kits. I believe the next step is for me to get an arduino and see if I can get it working.

Here are some local arduino sites I have found:
[www.switch-science.com]
[www.mecharoboshop.com]
[www.microfan.jp]
[www.microfan.jp]

The RepRap project appears to be evolving very rapidly, so I am hoping I can get familiar with some of the basic technology so that when the project reaches a certain point, I will be ready to jump in. I am thinking that playing around with arduino related technology should be a good start, but this all really is an adventure for me.

Anyway, I will be sure to post any progress I have here, though it may be slow going getting started.

Cheers,
Ivan
March 04, 2009 01:29AM
I didn't expect the Arduino to be so well known here!

It looks like MicroFan even has a Sanguino board worked out (Reduino-Ghost).

I tried building an Arduino by breadboard (not the breadboard drop-in chip but the whole thing on a breadboard), but I don't have anything to test it with sad smiley

David
Dan
August 25, 2009 11:16AM
Hello.

I've got some interest in the project, but haven't got together the cash yet to do what I'd like.

I've got an idea for a major variation on the RepRap concept that would dramatically spike it's potential.

Since this is open source, riddle me this: What happens to manufacturing scalability when you take the extruder and put it on a swing-arm attached to a RC or computer-controlled car?

winking smiley
Hello! Are you guys still in Japan?

I live near Tokyo and I'm planning to build my own RepRap this year. How are yours going? Are you already printing stuff David?

I'm now wondering how to get parts shipped to Japan... It would be nice to know someone nearby to exchange ideas and maybe some parts winking smiley

I'm from Brasil and I speak some Japanese. 誰かレップラップ作ってる人がいたら教えてください!

Feel free to send me an email at burajiru.no.chapulina@gmail.com

頑張ろう!=)
Hi, there.
Is Tokyo user group there still working?
if so, I'd like to join and share my idea.

yoshi
April 26, 2010 01:38AM
It is, but we need to build in a mailing list feature.

Yoshi, you may want to pm Dan and Chapulina and see how far they have gotten.
Also, here is the home page for Tokyo RUG:
[reprap.org]

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
May 31, 2010 09:31AM
Hi,
I've been around since a long time but I never could really have the time to do it. I really want to build a Reprap, and now I have the time and (euheummmh) the money...
I live in Kashiwa (between Tokyo and Tsukuba), so I really had like to meet other people interesting in such a project because the more people, the funnier. winking smiley
Is there a way you add me to your mailing list (or private mailing list) ?
See you soon.
Jag
March 03, 2011 12:17PM
Hi, I'm just hesitating to drop my first message at here... (Is this the right place? grinning smiley)

Please let me introduce myself at first. I live in Odawara city, Kanagawa almost 1 hour west of Tokyo by JR or Odakyu line. I'm an almost retired Japanese guy who plays electric bass oneth a month at local club. Married and have an elder son. I exibited Make: Tokyo Meeting 05/06 and PROSUME 2010 in Tsukuba University under the name of NetSynth.

At the beginning of April 2008, I knew Darwin, and keep on watching. At that time, I thought that it was not matured at all. And now, I have excellent RP parts set for Prusa Mendel made by nophead, and going to start assembling with vitamins which made in this country Japan. Already cut stainless bolts for frame, nuts, steppers, belts, heat treated smooth rods and RAMPS - Generation 7 electronics are going to get together. I'll take time for an extruder though...

For foreigners who live in Japan, it should be hard to locate the good hardware shop and purchase vitamins at reasonable price. I think that I'm able to advice who confused to buy them and stranded alone.

Okay, I'll tell you my progress next time. Thanks!

Cheers, smileys with beer

Genie
May 22, 2012 08:56AM
Genie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For foreigners who live in Japan, it should be
> hard to locate the good hardware shop and purchase
> vitamins at reasonable price. I think that I'm
> able to advice who confused to buy them and
> stranded alone.
> Cheers, smileys with beer
>
> Genie

I live in Chiba near Makuhari Messe, but get into Tokyo several times a week. I'm in the process of getting and setting up my first printer. It would be great if you have any advice about Japan sources for hardware, vitamins, or filament. smiling smiley
May 24, 2012 05:34AM
hi robots-dreams

[lunavast.com]

KP
May 24, 2012 08:12AM
Hi,

At Make: Tokyo Meeting 07 which held on last December, I exhibited a RepRap booth and sold out several RP/MDF sets that based on Prusa Itereation 2. The model was called as GM Prusa that derived from the name of persons who concerned including me. The scale was slightly changed according to the pre-cut hardened smooth rods available on the market which length round to 350mm and 400mm. T5 belts are choiceable from three known makers in Japan. PTFE coated oil-less bushings made GM Prusa a quiet running machine. All of these sources are opened at [etherpod.org] as though stopped selling RP/MDF sets right now.

FYI, GM Prusa RP parts were printed out by a classic Prusa which assembled with nopead parts. I'm really appreciated with nophead. Thanks!thumbs up

There is a RepRap community in Japanese local SNS mixi [c.mixi.jp] and you can find some developer and dealer of the machines and fillaments.

Genie

Robots-Dreams Wrote:
> I live in Chiba near Makuhari Messe, but get into
> Tokyo several times a week. I'm in the process of
> getting and setting up my first printer. It would
> be great if you have any advice about Japan
> sources for hardware, vitamins, or filament. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2012 08:33AM by Genie.
August 11, 2012 12:11AM
Anyone here still active? I'm here in Iwakuni and would like to meet reprappers.

-John, San Diego, CA

www.youtube.com/user/GeoDroidJohn

MrJohnEcker on Twitter, Gmail
August 11, 2012 01:55AM
> Anyone here still active? I'm here in Iwakuni and
> would like to meet reprappers.

Hi John,

I'm in Chiba, close to Makuhari Messe. There are some other RepRappers I've been able to connect with in Japan, but there aren't a lot.

Have you built a machine yet, or are you planning to build one?

----------------
Lem Fugitt
3D Printing Dreams
Robots Dreams
"The map is not the territory."
August 11, 2012 03:27AM
Yes, I've built a Mendel, Prusa Mendel, Makergear Prusa Mendel, Makergear Mosaic, Wallace.

I have taught a 3D printer workshop to 6 students that built their own Mosaic over the course of 2 days. (http://makerplace.com/Default.aspx?pageId=1296194&eventId=487246&EventViewMode=EventDetails)

I was first person to have a successful Kickstarter Campaign last year. (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/johnecker/reprap-diy-3d-printing-in-your-home?ref=live)

I document all my progress on a YouTube channel about 3d printing. (http://www.youtube.com/user/GeoDroidJohn?feature=mhee)

I've also designed several items on thingiverse, mainly for calibration, but one or two things I've designed have been featured. Here's one of my items-[www.thingiverse.com].

If I can meet up sometime that would be great. I would like to build another machine out here and leave it for someone else to carry on with. Anyone can reach me at mrjohnecker@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2012 03:30AM by MrJohn.
August 11, 2012 09:02AM
You've done some really interesting work. I'm impressed.

Any chance you would make it up to the Tokyo area sometime?

I noticed that a lot of your RepRap projects were in San Diego. Will you be in Japan for a while?

----------------
Lem Fugitt
3D Printing Dreams
Robots Dreams
Hi, I'm looking into building a MendelMax 1.5. This will be my first attempt. I live in Akihabara. My Japanese isn't great, but I'm going to try and locate as many parts as possible locally before resorting to international mail order. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, I'd be grateful. Thanks!

Darold Higa ([email protected])
August 18, 2012 08:03AM
> Hi,

Welcome! smiling smiley

> I'm looking into building a MendelMax 1.5.
> This will be my first attempt.

It's a totally new field for most of us. I've only been designing/printing for a couple of months.

> I live in
> Akihabara. My Japanese isn't great, but I'm going
> to try and locate as many parts as possible
> locally before resorting to international mail
> order. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, I'd
> be grateful.

You'll be able to find some parts locally, though Akihabara hasn't been as fruitful as I first hoped/expected. Even online in Japanese, finding sources is a challenge. Don't feel bad though - the folks in the U.S. and Canada end up ordering online, often internationally. If you follow the groups on this forum there's lots of information on who the good suppliers are, and who to avoid.

I get into Tokyo/Akihabara at least once a week, sometimes more often, if you want to get together and share information/insights sometime.

----------------
Lem Fugitt
3D Printing Dreams
Robots Dreams
August 19, 2012 01:06PM
I will take you up on that at some point. I just ordered a bunch of parts, and I suspect I'll be knee deep and lost very soon...
January 17, 2013 07:49AM
Hi Im from the USA but have a great interest in the Japanese space program. thumbs up

Trying to find a very high quality 3d file or stl for KOUNOTORI (HTV)

[www.jaxa.jp]

Must be some files availble in the Japanese Education system. Any help appreciated.
May 09, 2013 11:08PM
hi there, next time i visit my in-laws in Japan i would love to try to meet up with some more people who use repraps. it will not be for some time yet,

though i will warn you that my japanese is still very poor at the best of times.

i miss akihabara a lot. oh the stuff i found there. i think my wife thought i was going crazy.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
May 10, 2013 07:09AM
dissidence Wrote:
> hi there, next time i visit my in-laws in Japan i
> would love to try to meet up with some more people
> who use repraps. it will not be for some time yet,

That would be great. Just let us know once you firm up some dates. RepRap was pretty slow to take off in Japan, but there are a rapidly growing number of users now.

> though i will warn you that my japanese is still
> very poor at the best of times.

No problem. Most of the people involved in technology here can manage in English and if you can manage a little Japanese then so much the better.

> i miss akihabara a lot. oh the stuff i found
> there. i think my wife thought i was going crazy.

It is addictive.

----------------
Lem Fugitt
3D Printing Dreams
Robots Dreams
December 01, 2013 03:30AM
Hello there!

I'm running RepRap Community Japan and would like to open new sub-forum as RepRap Community Japan group in RepRap local group.
(ya actually I forgot to request a group in RepRap local user group thread three years ago...)

There are many active RepRap users in Japan and we are sharing info and developing RepRap bots from our community.

If you are interested, please please feel free to join us on Mixi and Facebook, everyone is welcome.

We also open RepRap Meeting in Japan several times every year (and we will do 新年会 again on Jan or Feb of next year too!).

I've already met some people in this thread at Maker Faire Tokyo and other events, and I am looking forward to see you again. (I miss Lem san's Tantillus...)

Hironao Kato

RepRap Community Japan
News and Announcement: Facebook
Developers and active threads at: Mixi
Summary Page: Google Site

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2013 03:32AM by Hirohiron.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login