Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Create Forum For Michigan (State in U.S)

Posted by carpenma 
Create Forum For Michigan (State in U.S)
October 01, 2008 03:44PM
Hi,my name is Matt Carpenter ([email protected]).

Please add a thread for the state of Michigan in the U.S, thank you.
Re: Create Forum For Michigan (State in U.S)
October 18, 2008 06:45AM
Here you go. Sorry for the delay.

You may want to get in touch with these guys:
[dorkbot.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2008 06:49AM by SebastienBailard.
October 18, 2008 09:58AM
Thanks!
December 06, 2008 11:50PM
Who else has one, or is building one of these in MI. A coulple others and I are few weeks off from completione of ours. The mechanical part is done. The motor driver or the Sanguino are providing lots of problems. At least I hope its only a few weeks.
Schultz in Dexter (by Ann Arbor)
December 06, 2008 11:59PM
A friend of mine and myself are just about to get started.

-Matt
January 17, 2009 06:09PM
I'm in the Greenville area and have just started gathering information on building one. Are any of you near me?
February 03, 2009 10:38AM
I've got a repstrap nearly complete. It's a small (6" x 9" x 3" working area) MDF CNC router that I'm controlling with a complete set of Gen2 or 2.5 electronics (Stepper controller v1.2 + Sanguino). It's built, the electronics are built and wired, I've put it through the stepper exerciser successfully, but I'm having some trouble getting the GCode_interpreter firmware working on the Sanguino. That's the last step.

--tim
February 03, 2009 10:39AM
I should also say that I'm in Grand Rapids.
February 04, 2009 08:35PM
Hey, when u get it working you think u could find it in your heart to print me a set?

-Matt
February 04, 2009 09:10PM
Assuming I get it running satisfactoryly, sure. That is, right after I print mine! grinning smiley
February 05, 2009 03:44PM
lol, well of course!
April 14, 2009 01:39AM
well, any of you guys finished yours yet? I think I'm just going to make the laser cut parts on a CNC assuming all goes well...

-Matt
April 14, 2009 02:19AM
I've had my MDF repstrap running with the Gcode_interpreter firmware now for a while, I still have at least two more opto-endstops to mount before I can begin to mill things with the attached dremel and Gen 2.5 electronics.

I've made significant progress on my wrench-buildable repstrap - it has a minimal BOM, with nearly all parts commonly available at local hardware stores, and is suitable for an apartment dweller to source and build. I've ordered a complete set of Gen 3 electronics and steppers for it, but have not received them yet. I have no tool for this machine at the moment, I hope to purchase a pinchwheel extruder some time in the next month or two.

I hope to have both machines running in full capacity (except for the tool on the second) in time for my panel appearance at Penguicon this year, where I'll be talking about homebrew CNC with several others, including one of the creators of the CandyFab ( [en.wikipedia.org] ).
Meetings
July 26, 2009 07:00PM
We have a Google Group set up here:

[groups.google.com]

We've already met once, and worked on 4 different repstraps. Stop by the group page to see the time and place for the next meet!
Hey folks.
Is there still a small Michigan reprap community happening here?

I've been looking into building and using a reprap for quite some time now and am looking into obtaining a printed parts kit. Supporting someone local would be ideal.

How are you folks getting on with your repraps?
October 15, 2014 07:07AM
I have started collecting parts for a RepRap Prusa Mendel I3

I would be very interested in talking to other 3-D printer enthusiasts in the Detroit area (( I live in Romeo ))
Also - if there are groups nearby (even say Ann Arbor) - I'd be willing to travel there for meetings.

Please drop me a line - and put "RepRap 3D Printer" in the subject line at: JoeComunale (At Symbol) comcast.net
Replace " (At Symbol) " with an "@", remove spaces - of course.

Hope to hear from some other enthusiasts and share our knowledge.

Joe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login