Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any Traverse City Area RepRap People?

Posted by dublo7 
Any Traverse City Area RepRap People?
June 17, 2011 02:05PM
I ordered my reprap this week. Should have something together and working by July if all goes well.

Is there anyone else around me who's interested in building or has built their own reprap or makerbot?
Hello- I am from the Grand Rapids area and am interested in building a reprap- though don't know where to start. Do you just order the electronics then build the frame, or do you need reprapped parts to build key parts of the frame?
Re: Any Traverse City Area RepRap People?
August 06, 2011 08:11AM
I didn't know where to start either. I ordered a complete kit from MakerGear.com. It's not a "true" Mendel because it uses some metal parts instead of printed parts, but the end result is nicer printing. I ordered it as a kit because I had no idea where to find all the parts and I didn't want to have to worry about ordering the wrong things. Now that I kind of know what I'm doing I could build it again for half the price, but I'm really glad I built it myself the first time, and that I knew that somewhere in one of these boxes I have the right part.

Search for reprap-michigan groups. There's a few people in your area. Several in Ann Arbor and Detroit too. Any of the hackerspaces should have at least one or two guys making one. I met several guys at Detroit Maker Faire.
September 13, 2011 04:06PM
Hi- I need to build a rather simple piece for a project- is anyone in the Traverse City area printing?
October 10, 2011 01:27PM
Hello. I don't check this site very often. I'm printing in PLA right now. I can't get ABS working very often / well with my heated bed. PM me and I'll see what I can make for you.
Are you printing now. Just started(structure built), awaiting to order electronics, however motors installed. Just saw your post and thought I'd write seeing you are in TC
December 11, 2011 10:07AM
Cool. I've got two printers going now. A MakerGear Prusa Mendel and a MakerGear Mosaic. What are you building?
Sorry took so long to get back to you. I'm on Old Mission. I'm building a Prusa SAE. Really didn't know what to build so I thought this looked like the cheapest way to go at the time. There is so much stuff out on the net it gets confusing. Wish there was one site with all the current updates on build and electronics. I think I have spent more time in researching and searching than the actual build, but I guess thats the fun of it too! I have been playing around with some of the software first so I might have a little understanding when I get into the board and drivers.
Hi, I am interested in making a reprap. Is there any chance of help with printed parts or construction by the present posters? I am willing to buy the printed parts from someone.
Seems like there's not much activity here. Is there any activity anywhere in Metro Detroit, these days?
I see you have built your machine and was wondering how it turned out? I would also like to know where I can get the prints for this project. I have searched every where and it seems like even though this is open source I can't come up with a design. If you could send me the designs and any other information or ideas that you have I would surely appreciate it. What troubles might I need to beware of and how did the project proceed? Was it easy or hard?
Thank you for your time.
John;O
November 02, 2014 07:01PM
Looks like it's been a while since anyone posted here, but I am in Charlevoix - any active reprappers in the general area still?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login