Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hampton Roads, Va

Posted by seakintruth 
Hampton Roads, Va
October 27, 2008 06:20PM
I'm starting my first build of a repstap, piece by piece. I've been working 2nd shift at NNSY and have some free time in the day.

I'm glad to see such an active online community to refer to for this project.

Just wondering if anyone else was in the area? I've got a fairly open large garage with a pc running Ubuntu quite nicely, and access to plenty of wood working equipment.
Re: Hampton Roads, Va
November 26, 2008 01:33PM
Hi Jeremy,

I am a Russian-language journalist based in New York. I'm writing a story about RepRap for a multimedia project and magazine called Snob.ru. I wonder if you could help me.

I'm looking to speak to people who are building/using RepRaps who are not necessarily part of the original project team, or even engineers. Sounds like you might be one of those people.

Could you possibly tell me a bit about how you got into RepRapping? How's it coming along?

My e-mail is katyakumkova@gmail.com. You can also reach me at 510.2857693

Many thanks in advance!

Best,
Katya
February 05, 2009 05:10PM
Hey Guy,

I'm in Newport News and am VERY interested in making one of these. I'm still doing some preliminary research on literature and parts but would like to know how yours is coming along? Where are you located and how many of the parts have you collected so far?

pmpn10@hotmail.com

Peace
May 29, 2009 07:02PM
Hey, I am trying to assemble a RepRap myself, could you possibly fab some parts for me??Please????
June 12, 2009 09:42PM
It's nice to see other people in the area energetic about this project. I have been traveling a lot for work and have not been able to work past the completion of electronics (for info on my progress see [jeremygerdes.blogspot.com]). I hope to resume progress in a couple of months.
June 23, 2011 06:58PM
Hello everyone! Just a heads up that over at the hackerspace in Norfolk, Virginia we have some 3d printing action. It's called 757 Labs (www.757labs.org.)

We have the original Rep Rap kit, but it's made of laser cut acrylic. The parts are cracking, and we're planning to re-use the metal parts from it to build a Mendel. We will need to source smaller stepper motors and perhaps a few other parts, but other than this things are good.

One of our members purchased and built a MakerBot, so there is a MakerBot in house as well. This will be used to print the rep rap parts.

We're also halfway there on a CNC router, made of extruded tslot and such. This is my project. Hardware for 10mm slot is fairly expensive.

The lab has a 6 axis robot arm, of the 1000 pound variety.

The lab has a 25 watt co2 laser engraver as well. All it needs is a box built around it (in progress), otherwise it's fully working.

Feel free to jump on the mailing list on the website, and there is also an irc channel on irc.757.org called #hackerspace where people can be found.
September 11, 2011 08:08PM
Greetings RepRappers.

I am a graduate student at William and Mary and I have been documenting my build of a Clonedel RepStrap which is essentially a Prusa Mendel made with Resin parts cast from a mold.

I have been posting my progress on my site [ [yetanotherreprapguide.blogspot.com] ]
January 27, 2012 09:06AM
Would anyone in my area be willing to print me some Prusa Mendel parts? I'm new to this and I really want to get into it.
January 30, 2012 06:36PM
Where are you located? I am in Winston-Salem NC

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
March 02, 2012 02:04PM
I'm almost ready to start my first prints. When I get everything callibrated I'll let you know if I can start printing pursuant pieces. In the meantime I recommend looking for some sellers on eBay.
March 24, 2014 12:22PM
[www.757makerspace.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2014 12:28PM by DaveX.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login