Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

and so it starts....

Posted by KE5AFU 
Re: and so it starts....
March 10, 2010 05:41PM
Just let me know where the meeting place is and I will try to be there.
March 10, 2010 09:01PM
so is the meeting time this week from 10:00 -12:00 on Saturday at the Edmond public library? Does Edmond have more than one library? does someone have the address?

Troy
March 10, 2010 09:46PM
According to google,

Edmond Branch Library
10 South Boulevard Street, Edmond, OK 73034-3798
(405) 341-9282‎

Confirmation would be nice.
March 11, 2010 12:09AM
I'm calling it. Sat 10:00-12:00 Edmond library. O will send out an e-mail in the morning.

Troy
March 12, 2010 03:17PM
The meeting is in room "B" near the entrance. There should be a sign on the door saying it is for the Rep-Rap group.

Sat 10:00-12:00

Edmond Branch Library
10 South Boulevard Street, Edmond, OK 73034-3798
(405) 341-9282‎
March 16, 2010 01:34AM
I'm posting this on both forums for now and hopefully soon we will see the updated geeksok site since I am going to delve into non RepRap discussion.

The meeting was a success and notes were taken and emailed by Lawrence.
If anyone didn't get the e-mail with the meeting notes, please send either myself or Lawrence an email and we will get your address added to the list.

Ok, so on to the point of this post,

While our first meeting boasted a large turnout, the second did not fare as well. Obviously with only two meetings under our belt it is difficult to establish a trend, however I would like to see larger numbers (or at least even) in the next meeting.

It will be held on 4.10.2010 time and place TBA. I believe we are shooting for a morning meeting again if that works for everyone.

Also in this next meeting I would like to propose either a workshop, or show and tell of projects, or something along those lines to add to the itinerary.

Lawrence demonstrated a friction welding technique at our last meeting that could prove quite useful for quick fixes and rapid prototyping.

While the RepRap project has certainly drawn interest from many parties, the fact remains that until we have more then one operating unit there is little point in sitting around discussing the merits or techniques of how it runs. I believe that if we inject other activities into these meetings it will help draw others and as the RepRaps multiply then we should start seeing them (and their creations) at the meetings as well.

Well that's my $0.02

Comments, Questions, Suggestions?
Let's get some activity going on these boards.

- Matthew
March 22, 2010 12:58AM
No one? Really?
Hey even if you disagree, post up. I'm open to whatever and willing to share resources, but in order to do that I need to hear from others.
March 22, 2010 11:45AM
I have been a little absent on the forum this week, been working on a grant during spring break, got it in the mail this morning. I have still been printing just not taking the time to post. I will do better this week, not as much hanging over my head. I am lasering new acrylic build surfaces this morning. The old ones were just worn out. I have also been really looking at the mini mendel. think that I would like to try and build one.

Troy
March 22, 2010 06:37PM
I'm in the process of getting in parts for the delta-strap I've designed. Most of it is in, but I'm waiting on steel tubes and magnets.

I'm also going to need access to an accurate drill press, as I've got some hole saws to notch pipe with.

O, and I designed a cable tie today. No clue if it works but it should be printable!
March 24, 2010 11:31PM
Good news all, for things that are more relevant to hackerspace and local activities GeeksOK now has their new forum up. Stop by and say Hello.

[geeksok.com]
January 13, 2011 05:06PM
We are hosting a hackerspace startup meeting this Saturday from 10am till 2pm at the Oklahoma Robotics Club workshop. Please look here for more info. Hope to see you there!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login