Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Molding and casting parts

Posted by troycoon 
Molding and casting parts
February 21, 2010 07:13PM
Here is a link that you may find useful if you are thinking about doing some casting. [reprap.org] follow the link it is called soft tooling for casting.

Here is another link for plaster molds.[www.toymania.com] Dental plaster is high quality comes in 50lb. barrels and is fairly cheap, and I know a dentist who will order it for us.

Troy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2010 07:17PM by troycoon.
Re: Molding and casting parts
February 22, 2010 07:28PM
I too know a dentist, in fact I am related to him. He MIGHT be willing to order some also.
February 22, 2010 09:48PM
I am putting a box making app in the laser folder on dropbox. It would be excellent for making boxes to make molds.

Troy
February 25, 2010 12:21PM
You got the forum up on your site yet?
February 25, 2010 01:18PM
Not yet ready me and Michael worked on it last night though. Should be very soon.
February 25, 2010 01:26PM
Awsome, Still needing you dropbox info though.
February 25, 2010 05:10PM
Guys, any interest in using RepRap wiki and the file repository coming on line for this stuff? It sounds relevant to RepRap.
February 27, 2010 01:20AM
We'll try to document any changes we make. We recently had a RepRap interest group meeting and we're trying to make as many Mendel parts as a community as possible.

If we break new ground, we'll try to contribute back that experience.

On another note, Sebastien, I know you often make the argument for condensing resources as much as possible on the main RepRap site so you don't have a forest of disjointed documentation projects on various blogs and wikis. Do you have a well thought out written paper about that?

I get the impression that eventually It'll be easier to just link to it as opposed to making the same comment to each group as it forms up. For some reason its natural for people to want to use that web space that has been sitting around and fork off from the RepRap project.
March 07, 2010 04:56PM
Thanks Lawrence.

I thought about writing a position paper, but I quickly realized that's an opportunity cost: I'm wasting a user's time sending him or her to a page exhorting them to contribute when I could sent the to a page showing them how to contribute. Plus, I've noticed that conflict, or complexity, kills contribution.

I need to improve the wiki documentation and so on, install a mediawiki blogging extension, and so on. I'll do that, and then either flesh out this old stub:
[objects.reprap.org]
or even better, just never point people at that, when I can point them at the to-be-written "How to Contribute to RepRap" wiki page.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login