Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This group dead?

Posted by jnmacd 
This group dead?
September 07, 2010 03:54PM
What happened to the group that met in OKC a few times?
Did everyone lose interest?
Re: This group dead?
September 07, 2010 04:19PM
jnmacd, I think they are nesting in another forum:
[forums.reprap.org]

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
September 07, 2010 11:03PM
I think the OKC/Geeks OK attempt has pretty much fizzled.
The forum at GeeksOK never had much activity and I think it was too hard to try to get eveyone together at the same time to have a monthly meeting. I managed to make one meeting and by the time my schedule allowed me to make another, there were no more meetings scheduled.
September 17, 2010 12:15PM
It has been hibernating.

I decided that I was going to take a crack at grad school again, so I'm back at the University of Oklahoma. I also got involved back with the robotics club and am in the process of inserting some energy into the OURC RepRap project.

Currently we have an order for the rest of the parts, and next week I'm going to learn how to use a lathe! (barrels and more).

Goal is to have a working Isaac/Mendel hybrid ( Troy of GeeksOK was a huge help and used his makerbot to help us get a few Mendel parts made) by the end of the month. The guys last semester got all the electronics working. We are also going to do a build journal, which should be fun.

On another front, I finished the delta robot I was working on, but since school, moving, and the 100 degree weather we had there for a bit development has halted.

I'm not going to push any meetings until the OURC club has a Isaac/Mendel hybrid working. I probably won't really have anything until we've at least printed another set of parts, which will probably go towards doubling print capacity. (one nice thing about being a club is that we have a hoard of bot minders, or will at least)
December 18, 2010 11:46PM
Say it ain't so!

I'm in Tulsa OK.

I shook hands with Troy of GeeksOK last week.
He and I are still pretty enthusiastic about RepRap's potential.
December 19, 2010 11:27AM
So we finally got all the software and hardware twitching and under control, the extruder nozzle heating and sensing, and the machine constructed. However, we have a whole mess of calibration to do. Several axis are binding the belt, and cables need some serious routing. There are some bad solder joints on some of the boards, and we still need to master the control software.

We could have a meeting, but all I could bring to the table is a sad Mendel.

OU robotics club is out until January, so if we want to do a meeting, I would suggest getting some ideas together and setting a date in late January or early February.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login