Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G code Tester

Posted by Ian Adkins 
G code Tester
March 15, 2008 06:43PM
I'm running the RPM tester but only get a very slow pulse rate the serial window is reporting a steady speed increase 1rpm at a time as the code would expect but i do not see this in the motor or the actual pulse from the Arduino, any ideas I have attempted zero debugging as it's late and I'm off to bed smiling smiley I sure it something small but if anybody knows this works for sure it would help or has had a similar problem

Ian
[www.bitsfrombytes.com]
Re: G code Tester
March 16, 2008 11:13AM
I've had look at the code and i can't see the "ISR" function from what I can tell from the Arduino manual it should be called just that "ISR" it looks to me that the "SINGLE" function might be it, but it doesn't seem to operate.

My motors take a step every time the loop runs but that is all that triggers them the step pulse is a good crisp square pulse (looking on the scope).

I also looked in the other programs but could not see an ISR anywhere (but i could easily be being blind!!)

I could jump straight into the G code interrupter but thought it best to work through the testers first.

If anyone has had success with these it would be good to know.

Ian
[www.bitsfrombytes.com]
March 17, 2008 04:45PM
well, if the step pin is sending a square wave (that repeats) then the firmware should be working reliably.

are you sure your stepper drivers are handling the step signal correctly?

i'll try and take a look at all those firmwares tonight to make sure they still work properly.
March 18, 2008 04:09PM
The motor steps OK it's just pulse is only triggered by the 5 second loop not the actual interrupt but it's not that important as I'm using the G code stuff which is working and it doesn't use the interrupt as far as i can see.

Ian
[www.bitsfrombytes.com]
March 22, 2008 05:16PM
correct: no interrupts in the gcode stuff. =)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login