Chasing (and maybe helping) Adrian to improve the geometry code
March 26, 2008 05:38PM
I need to get on with two things:

1. Finish documenting how the existing geometry code for slicing works (I've made a
start, honest; see [reprap.org])

2. Get rid of the bugs and tidy it.

Every time someone posts a moan to this topic, my in-box will go ping. Eventually I'll get so annoyed that I'll get on with it.

Of course, offers of help would be welcome too. But I guess you can't do that till the docs are up, at least...

best wishes

Adrian

[reprap.org]
[reprapltd.com]
Ru
Re: Chasing (and maybe helping) Adrian to improve the geometry code
April 08, 2008 07:05AM
I'm surprised no-one has followed you up on this offer! So here's a 'ping' from me.

As far as I'm concerned, the geometry code is the most important part of the host software, as all the rest is just interface stuff which any fule (ie, myself!) kno whilst the geometry stuff is rather more challenging to understand and translate.
April 09, 2008 12:08PM
Adrian,

I tried making a small heart for my girlfriend--did it in AOI which was a pain--and the print failed to fill all of the insides. My machine has succesfully printed three minimugs and two wine glasses--vik's design I think--and didn't have any trouble with those infill patterns. The heart, however, really sent it for a loop. I'm assuming that this is somehow related to how the slicing works? If not, sorry. I'll get to my computer at home and post the .stl for the heart later today.

Also (slightly off topic), I've been reading about infill geometry in that book Sebastian suggested reading a bit ago and I notice that we are only instituting one of the many infill geometries possible. Is there plans in the works to institute other infill geometries? If not, we should as infill geometry drastically affects the build time of a given piece.

Demented
April 10, 2008 06:45PM
I'd love to see some picture of your work and your machine. Are they online anywhere?

Vik :v)
April 16, 2008 05:27PM
Sure thing,

the few printed bits I have are here but I haven't put up a picture there in a bit. I'll add more soon.

[picasaweb.google.com]

And my machine is here. It's mostly the same though these pictures are a bit old. It shows the whole gammut of pics related to my machine including making the z-axis which is most of the shots in the shop.

[picasaweb.google.com]

Sorry it took so long to get back to this post. Busy.

Demented
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login