Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Location of Preference file in Host Software

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Location of Preference file in Host Software
April 15, 2008 02:49AM
Hey,
So I downloaded the SVN of the host software using Eclipse. I have the compiled from SourceForge version of the host software saved to one folder and in another different folder, I have the SVN source version of the host software. When I compile and run the SVN version, for some odd reason it has the preferences from the original (different location) host software.

The reason I know that is that, the original material is CAPA and I changed it ABS. Does anyone know how to keep these separate so that a small change in the source preferences doesn't screw up the original?
Re: Location of Preference file in Host Software
April 15, 2008 01:45PM
not yet. its one of the things that needs to be changed.

basically, it looks for a file like ~/.reprap/reprap.properties which would be a global config file.
Anonymous User
April 19, 2008 01:29PM
Thanks for the location. I was thinking that it would create a global config file in the location of the folder, not a single location. I think it might be a good idea to place the global config file in the location of the reprap host software folder, because if people want to try different configurations or testing of the software, they don't want to screw up their "good" settings.

Happened to Ithacacian, his host software was behaving very weird and he redownloaded the host software from SourceForge and it was still having the same issue. If it was stored in the location of the host software, his problem would be resolved when he ran the other one in a new location.
Anonymous User
April 21, 2008 10:39AM
Does anyone know where the location of the prefrence file (~/.reprap/reprap.properties) is stated in the code?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login