Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installing from source: Wiki instructions are vague

Posted by jbayless 
Installing from source: Wiki instructions are vague
February 08, 2012 10:41PM
Hi everyone,

I'd like to install the RepRap Host software from source in Eclipse (running Windows 7). I've followed the instructions right up to the end, where it concludes with:

To work with the Java source code you will need the system-dependent libraries that RepRap uses. Those are in the directory Reprap/lib/system-dependent/. You will need to copy (or create links to) the .so files (Linux) or the .dll files (Windows) in there to the place in the Java system where these are stored.

Perhaps I'm just dense, but whereas the previous steps were all very clear, easily-followed instructions, this last one is vague and rather incomprehensible. I presume that what is meant is that I need to use Eclipse to configure the project's build path to add the "system-dependent" files as a library. But as an eclipse novice, I'm not sure how to do this properly.

"You will need to copy the files in there to the place in the Java system where these are stored" is not only unhelpful, it doesn't even seem to make any apparent sense. After all, where is the place in the Java system where these files are stored?

I'd appreciate it if anyone can help with this.

Thanks,

Jacob
Re: Installing from source: Wiki instructions are vague
February 09, 2012 01:58AM
Never mind, I figured it out and updated the wiki instructions. It'd still be good if someone with more experience (especially with a non-Windows OS) can check that I wrote it all up correctly.

Jacob
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login