Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Which Software for Arduino electronics

Posted by emt 
emt
Which Software for Arduino electronics
May 11, 2008 05:15AM
Hi

Is any one successfully using the Arduino set up with the standard host (ie not G code)?

If so can you advise which version of firmware and which version of host?

Also a zipped version of your preferences would be helpful.

I am at the stage of trying to print and have strange things happening which at present make no sense to me at all. I have a hybrid machine with 2000 step micro steppers which may be an issue but first I think I must make sure I am using a compatible set of software that is known to work which I can try with the settings that are known to work.

I can then change to my settings 1 step at a time to help resolve the issue.

Regards

Ian
Re: Which Software for Arduino electronics
May 14, 2008 04:51AM
Ian,

Any photos or drawings of what is happening on your tray?

Adam
May 16, 2008 01:43PM
ian,

always use the latest version of the arduino firmware. the single_arduino_snap is the recommended one to use.

i'll be releasing a new version this weekend with some minor fixes, but its certainly usable.
emt
May 17, 2008 10:23AM
Hi Zach

Is this Adrians Firmware 30/04/08 Revision 1549 or yours 2/04/08 Rev 1472?

Also which Host, the latest on the trunk?

Sorry to be so pedantic but I am getting some strange behaviour which could well be my set up being a hybrid with micro stepping drives and fine screws which gives a fairly high step frequency.

Regards

Ian
May 22, 2008 06:55PM
if you're not comfortable with hacking around in the code, i'd recommend using the latest version of the firmware/software from sourceforge. the subversion stuff is usually stable, but not always.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login