Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thermister//PWM failsafe

Posted by Scuffles 
Thermister//PWM failsafe
June 16, 2008 10:28PM
I was just reading some pages where people have had some issues with the thermistor becoming dislodged or failing causing the reprap to crank up the temp on the extruder to the point of damaging it or scorching the plastic its extruding.

Someone has probably already suggested or done this, but I was thinking it might be something to do to put a bit of code that watched how the PWM duty cycle was being ramped up. To the effect that if it exceeded a certain failsafe point (because honestly I would think at any indoor temperature there would be a cycle value that transverses from melting to burning) that would halt the unit and let the operator know that there was something that wasn't quite right.

Of course since each unit is standard but unique there might need to be some initial code executed to test each assembled extruder for its tolerances before arriving at a failsafe value. Anyhow just a thought, Hoping to be able to get the parts and start working on one of these lil beasties in the not too distant future. The only thing that gives me the willies is the extruder.

Anyhow just a thought I'll go back to my box now ~.~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2008 02:44AM by SebastienBailard.
Re: Thermister//PWM failsafe
June 17, 2008 10:11PM
I and my carbonized JB weld second this post. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login