Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error opening port /dev/ttyusb*

Posted by Korn 
Error opening port /dev/ttyusb*
July 27, 2009 10:40AM
Hi there,

I have a problem with RepRap host software (Windows Version), when I try to run the host software it keeps saying that "Error opening port: /dev/tty/usb3". Therefore, could I please have your suggestion? What should I do now?

Thank you very much smiling smiley
Re: Error opening port /dev/ttyusb*
July 27, 2009 11:18AM
The problem is fixed!!!!

Thank you very much indeed
March 18, 2010 01:24PM
Same problem. Same solution.

Thanks
May 09, 2010 01:47AM
Same problem, solution not working for me - downloaded latest software/etc, using an Arduino Duemilanove as the interface.

Windows 7, 64bit, JRE6, quad monitors (may be related to graphics container error below)

I open the .bat file, and get:
Error opening port: /dev/ttyUSB0
and a pop-up:
"
Error in the main GUI: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: adding a container to a container on a different GraphicDevice
[ok]
"
Clicking OK opens things up but obviously not working. I know, I know, you're already hitting yourself on the head and hammering out that I didn't change my port setting in the reprap.properties file (BTW, other complete noobies out there, you have to delete the *.dist from the end of the files!) - I did, have a look:

. . .
MovementSpeedZ(0..255)=240
MovementSpeedZ(0..255)=240
NumberOfExtruders=3
NumberOfExtruders=3
PathOptimise=true
PathOptimise=true
Port(name)=COM4
Port(name)=COM4
RadiusFactor=0.7
RadiusFactor=0.7
RememberWindowPosition=false
RememberWindowPosition=false
. . .

My USB converter is on COM4 according the the system, but the RepRap software doesn't appear to be reading this file for my com port. Any ideas? I was able to program the motherboard over my Arduino without issue and now have a very annoying bright red light :-) so that shouldn't be any issue
May 10, 2010 11:15PM
If you're reading this you should have a look here:

Other Thread
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login