Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Reprap bat file

Posted by jajo 
The Reprap bat file
June 04, 2008 04:17PM
I have almost gotten the software running. The only problem is that the "# cd" command in ms dos is not recognized by my computer. I did a printscreen of the file running. See the attached file for the printscreen. Now that I think of it, my computer may be using the wrong program to open the file. It is MS DOS, right? Anyways, whatever the problem may be, I am stumped. Please try to help me out.
Attachments:
open | download - RuntimeError.doc (279 KB)
Ru
Re: The Reprap bat file
June 04, 2008 06:32PM
That's an impressively inefficient way to send a few lines of error text winking smiley

The # stuff is infact the way you usually write comments in *nix shell scripts and perl and so on. Someone presumably wasn't concentrating when they made a windows batch file.

Replace any instances of # starting a line with rem instead. It will all work just fine.

Worry more about your java installation. That's a much bigger hassle, and what is actually breaking. And what I also can't usefully help with :-/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2008 03:25AM by Ru.
June 05, 2008 06:37AM
How do I replace the instances of # with rem?
Ru
June 05, 2008 09:38AM
With a text editor. Just open the .bat file in notepad.

Or you can right click the batch file, and select edit, and do it that way...

But The important thing is that your java installation is incorrect. I suggest you search the forums to take a look at the problems other people have had. The # thing is merely cosmetic, and doesn't really matter.
June 05, 2008 12:01PM
Perfect. This worked, but it turns out that in addition, my computer calls the file a certificate trust list, and a .ctl, so the bat file cannot find any .stl file.
June 05, 2008 12:25PM
Something else is going on. Here is another few lines of error code. (attatched like the first one)
Attachments:
open | download - repraperror2.doc (279.5 KB)
June 07, 2008 09:46PM
Here is the current code (I typed it this time):

C:\Program Files\Reprap>rem reprap-host

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2008 09:47PM by jajo.
June 09, 2008 07:27PM
RE-install your java jajo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login