Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error while testing motherboard

Posted by Niels 
Error while testing motherboard
October 26, 2010 07:22PM
Hello all,

I'm trying to build my first mendel but I don't seem to get the electronics/software/firmware right. I've bought the electronics (3th gen) pre-programmed, and i'm using an usb->ttl cable.

While following this page, I connect the motherboard to my pc (windows 7, 32bit) with a usb->ttl cable, and start the host program (tried the latest version and one from november last year). I run the CommsDebug and nothing happens. The only two lines that are in the black command screen are the following:
Native lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7
Java lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7

Now when I restart the program, (its remembers the commsdebug command) the folllowing lines pop up in the black screen:
Native lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7
Java lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7
comms: G-code: N0 T0 *26 dequeued and sent [0,00s/-1288133894251ms]

While it is supposed to say:
comms: G-code: M105 dequeued and sent [0.002s/-1259516051264ms]
comms: GCodeWriter.waitForOK() - temperature reading: T:0 [0.017s/15ms]
comms: GCode acknowledged with message: ok EB [0.017s/0ms]
comms: G-code: M105 dequeued and sent [1.519s/1502ms]
comms: GCodeWriter.waitForOK() - temperature reading: T:0 [1.537s/18ms]
comms: GCode acknowledged with message: ok EB [1.537s/0ms]

Further, if I try pressing any button in the XYZ or extruder tabs, the program freezes and an extra line shows up in the black screen:
comms: G-code: N0 G1 F1500.0 *116 dequeued and sent [8,680s/8680ms]

Can anybody help me with this problem? I've tried searching on this forum and elsewhere for hours now. I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

Niels
VDX
Re: Error while testing motherboard
October 27, 2010 04:26AM
Hi Niels,

... where is your electronic from?

Is it programmed for ReplicatorG (as common) or for RepRap-host as detailed here - [www.reprap.org]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 27, 2010 04:33AM
At the first glance, this looks like a mismatch in communications baud rate. There are so many different hosts and firmwares out there ...

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

October 27, 2010 06:52AM
Thanks for the replies!

The electronics are from iprint3D in the Netherlands.

So if I understand correctly, probably the wrong firmware is installed? In this page there is a description how to program it, but i'm using a usb to ttl cable (like this one), am I able to re-program it using that? I think it's the easiest way to solve it, or does somebody have another suggestion?

Niels
October 27, 2010 07:13AM
Your usb to ttl cable should work fine.
See the Microcontroller firmware installation page for how to compile/upload the firmware.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
October 27, 2010 09:46AM
I've emailed the shop where I bought the parts, and they probably have the solution.

I've bought the makerbot electronics, while I dont have the correct powersupply for that. The makerbot electronics need a 20-wire powersupply, while i'm using a laptop adapter with only a positive and negative wire. With some adjustments from this page I should be good to go.

Problem seems to be solved. I appreciate your comments!

Thanks,

Niels
October 27, 2010 09:58AM
YES, if you are only using a 12v supply (as I am) then you MUST make the Motherboard modifications related to power!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login