Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OSX 10.5: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/GroupLayout$Group

Posted by robacarp 
Hi,

I am attempting to run the reprap 20080523 software on my intel mac and am still having some errors. My original problem was one of not having the correct serial port indicated by the configuration file and is posted here:
[forums.reprap.org]

I have done some investigating around the forum and find that others are having similar problems, but their solutions did not remedy my particular issue.

I am now getting the following error and stack dump (program hangs, no window opens):

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/GroupLayout$Group
at org.reprap.Main$22.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

I have tried
- Switching JREs. My 'Java Preferences' program currently lists 'Java SE 6.0 64-bit' as the default and `java -version` returns java version "1.6.0_07".
- Attempting to start the program with sudo: `sudo ./reprap-host.sh`
- chmod 644 /Library/Java/Extensions/*.jar
- Downgrading j3d-org-java3d-all.jar to version 8

Any ideas?

Robert Carpenter
[www.robertcarpenter.net]
This sounds very similar to:

[forums.reprap.org]

Where JDK1.5 seems to be being used independent of the JDK set in the Java Preferences.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login