Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cannot position parts within reprap host software

Posted by x2800m 
Cannot position parts within reprap host software
September 29, 2008 04:38AM
Greetings everyone! welcome to my first post.

I've just finished assembling a bits from bytes reprap. Aside from a rather silly screwup on my part (rearranging the corner blocks in such a way as to prevent the installation of 4 diagonal stabilizers), the assembly was uneventful. Either way, one question:

Within Ubuntu 8.04 I start the host software, but when I attempt to place parts (from .stl sources) onto the "virtual bed", the part appears as usual, however I am unable to move the part around.(The part turns red when I select it, but the host software won't let me rotate the "camera" nor will it let me move the selected part around) I don't believe my methodologies are incorrect as I have verified them using the reprap live CD. I was thinking it could be a problem with java3d, but before I start meddling I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem.
Re: Cannot position parts within reprap host software
October 01, 2008 05:50AM
I haven't been able to move parts around except for using the Manipulate...Rotate [X Y Z] option from the menu. I'm running under windows so not sure if you're supposed to be able to directly manipulate the parts on linux.
October 01, 2008 07:28AM
You should be able to move and rotate the reprap 'world' when a part is not selected (blue)
Rotate - Drag with left mouse button
Move - Drag with right mouse button
With a part selected (red) you should be able to move it in the same manner

Host 20080523 on windows

Mark

You can zoom in and out with the mouse wheel if you change the source a little grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2008 07:31AM by xsainnz.
October 01, 2008 09:52AM
Apparently the problem can be induced by reducing the z-axis working area below ~202mm (within the software settings page).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2008 09:14PM by x2800m.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login