Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Saguino Gcode firmware

Posted by bobt 
Saguino Gcode firmware
December 12, 2008 11:28PM
Has any one put the gcode firmware on a Sanguino board?

Bob Teeter
"What Box?"
Re: Saguino Gcode firmware
December 13, 2008 11:52AM
I think there is software in the source forge folders under firmware.

Let me know if you get them to work because in the future I am going to incorporate the lcd board and SD card on the new Saguino mother board so it will become stand alone.

Right now I am tring to get my host software to work again with the newest non released software. Also working on the instructions and updating the host install scripts.

Bruce
Re: Sanguino Gcode firmware
December 13, 2008 09:55PM
Oh well - I was hoping that this work had been done. I have downloaded the software and now to set it up for the sanguino.

Bob Teeter
"What Box?"
Re: Sanguino Gcode firmware
December 18, 2008 06:58PM
Robert,

When trying today the latest GCode (SVN rev# 2295) the Arduino devtool gives me following messages (after verify/compile):
In member function 'void extruder::wait_for_temperature()':
In member function 'void extruder::valve_set(bool, int)':
In member function 'void extruder::set_direction(bool)':
At global scope:
In member function 'int extruder::get_temperature()':
At global scope:
In member function 'void extruder::manage()':

I checked the diff from the latest three odd versions and do see Adrian updated some extruder functions. I don't see anything wrong in the definition and implementation of the functions (as shown in the msg) Return type void/int and the like look good.

I'm a RepRap freshman that just completed his Sanguino board and started to get the GCode interpreter running today. The demo (blinking Led and Melody) work so the toolchain and the board seem to be OK.

Regards,
Johan
December 21, 2008 02:26PM
Johan,

I am in the same boat but since I am snowed in this weekend.

I ran a test to see where the problem is and also to see what will work.

I found that the most recent rev. on source forge will work in arduino/ sanguino version 0011 and 0010 but not with 0012 this was using windows XP. I also only tried to compile the gcode firmware not upload to a sanguino yet that is my next step along with try the most recent rev, using 0011 on my Ubuntu Linux box which has my printer on it. I have the error messages I got if anybody wants them I also tested all of the revs from 2218 - 2295 on both straight adruino versions 0010,0011,0012 and arduino converted to sanguino on 0010,0011,0012.

Now to go try it on my Linux box..

and then look into the problem after that.

Bruce Wattendorf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2008 09:27AM by Bruce Wattendorf.
December 21, 2008 11:28PM
brucew Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> I found that the most recent rev. on source forge
> will work in arduino/ sanguino version 0011 and
> 0010 but not with 0012 this was using windows XP.

Bruce,

If you would, please describe how the GCode interpreter fails under arduino 012?

Thanks,

Larry
December 22, 2008 09:24AM
Sure Larry,

the error I get is the same that Johan van Oostrum got.

At global scope:
At global scope:

I did get it to work using 0011 and xp but then I could not get it to turn off and on my heater it was on constantly. I am going to work on it again tonight.

Bruce
January 08, 2009 03:38PM
My findings on this issue up to today:
1. compiling the most recent Arduino host (svn #547) doesn't solve the errors
2. changing the heater_ (low, high, current) type from byte to int, and modify the code accordingly, solves the msgs but one: void extruder::manage()
3. the svn Sanguino GCode_Interpreter.old-version does compile!

As soon as I have the hardware complete (i.e. received and built the BfB kit :-) then I will give the Sanguino old GCode interpreter a try

Johan

PS Same configuration (Arduino 12) on Windows shows the same messages indeed. With some additional info too, indicating something odd with the byte typedef:

C:\DOCUME~1\GEBRUI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\build58757.tmp\/extruder.h:19: error: 'byte' does not name a type
C:\DOCUME~1\GEBRUI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\build58757.tmp\/extruder.h:20: error: 'byte' does not name a type
C:\DOCUME~1\GEBRUI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\build58757.tmp\/extruder.h:21: error: 'byte' does not name a type
C:\DOCUME~1\GEBRUI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\build58757.tmp\/extruder.h:24: error: 'byte' does not name a type
C:\DOCUME~1\GEBRUI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\build58757.tmp\/extruder.h:37: error: 'byte' does not name a type
C:\DOCUME~1\GEBRUI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\build58757.tmp\/extruder.h:41: error: expected `)' before 'md_pin'
C:\DOCUME~1\GEBRUI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\build58757.tmp\/extruder.h:44: error: 'byte' does not name a type
C:\DOCUME~1\GEBRUI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\build58757.tmp\/extruder.h:48: error: 'byte' has not been declared
C:\DOCUME~1\GEBRUI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\build58757.tmp\/extruder.h:49: error: 'byte' has not been declared
C:\DOCUME~1\GEBRUI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\build58757.tmp\/extruder.h:52: error: 'byte' has not been declared
At global scope:
At global scope:

PPSS
Just changed all 'byte' definitions into 'char' and now it compiles. The question is whether it will run properly on the RR :-)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2009 04:47PM by Johan van Oostrum.
Re: Sanguino Gcode firmware (Fixed)
January 26, 2009 02:50PM
Put these lines in parameters.h to fix the compile errors (due to undefined byte type)

// from [www.arduino.cc]
// and [publications.gbdirect.co.uk]
typedef uint8_t byte;

And now the Gcode_interpreter compiles ok.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login