Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Host and other software and controller help (super urgent)

Posted by swimmrfox 
Host and other software and controller help (super urgent)
December 17, 2008 02:42AM
Hi,

I am building a RepRap for my senior project, and I am having some software problems.

I have installed the java libraries, and have also downloaded the available compiled software.

How am I able to control the creation of the files from the design to RepRap like the new software that can control the extruder head? Any information on how to get the software up and running so i can control it on a windows XP machine would be great, as my project has to be done by tomorrow. Basically how am i able to complete the transition from only XYZ axis to a working model.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank You,

Eric Fox
Re: Host and other software and controller help (super urgent)
December 17, 2008 10:57PM
Ouch, that sounds like a tight spot. It took me months to get from working XYZ to designing things and then building them. I'm not particularly fast though, and I'm real bad at programming. Actually, I still haven't designed anything really new, I've just been changing existing objects.

Honestly, your best bet at this point is to get a copy of the 0.6 RepRap DVD and start there. That will work, not perfectly, but it'll go. It even has Art of Illusion preloaded, so you can design stuff if you need to.

Wade
sid
Re: Host and other software and controller help (super urgent)
December 18, 2008 04:55AM
Well try with the standalone, that'll run on windows xp (tested on all servicepacks) and even on vista.
[forums.reprap.org]

No installation needed (no java hassle) just unpack to... let's say your usb stick grinning smiley

'sid

ps yes it's not the yet unreleased new host but the latest released one winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login