Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanguino / Arduino Parallel programming error

Posted by Dylan 
Sanguino / Arduino Parallel programming error
January 25, 2009 04:03AM
I made my own parallel programmer based on the instructions on arduino.cc and it seems to work ok because if I select the wrong board it tells me that it doesn't detect that type of chip. If I select the Sanguino board it doesn't give me this error. (I am using the 644 not the 644p so I changed the board.txt file accordingly)

When selecting Sanguino as the board this is the error I get:

Binary sketch size: 1168 bytes (of a 63488 byte maximum)

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51
In file included from G:\ATmega\arduino-0012\hardware\cores\sanguino/WProgram.h:9,
from Stepper.cpp:48:
g:/atmega/arduino-0012/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/signal.h:36:2: warning: #warning "This header file is obsolete. Use ."
In file included from G:\ATmega\arduino-0012\hardware\cores\sanguino/WProgram.h:9,
from LiquidCrystal.cpp:6:
g:/atmega/arduino-0012/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/signal.h:36:2: warning: #warning "This header file is obsolete. Use ."
from Firmata.cpp:25:

this is what I get when trying to load the bootloader through "parallel programmer"

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0xf800
0x0c != 0xff
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

Windows XP pro SP3
patched registry
5V powered Sanguino 644 stripboard.
Arduino 0012 alpha program.

Please help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2009 11:34PM by Dylan.
Re: Sanguino / Arduino Parallel programming error
January 30, 2009 01:21PM
update: I tried using the Arduino 011 program instead of the 12 and I still have problems with it.

can anyone help?
February 01, 2009 06:14PM
got it fixed, I had the stupid crystal not installed properly.
(the sanguino site also needed to be updated for this)
February 02, 2009 09:52AM
What was wrong the crystal can go either way??

it looks right in the sanguino site?

Bruce
February 02, 2009 09:54AM
Never mind I see you built the breadboard sanguino.

Bruce
February 02, 2009 01:13PM
Yeah the breadboard one. I noticed this error on the site. The crystal is on pin 30 and 32 of the board, but the instructions use wire hookups to 31 and 32 so that wouldn't do any good. "Side A, 21C to 31C. XTAL from chip to crystal"

That wasn't my problem though, I was a dummy and didn't have my crystal capacitors in the ground rail properly. I'm still having trouble programming though. ( [forums.reprap.org] )

thanks for replying though
Dylan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login