Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any chance for HELP?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Any chance for HELP?
February 05, 2009 07:57PM
After we assembled the acryl kit from Bits from Bytes and wire up the elektronik kit we spend housers to find out way the Opto Endstop is ignored.

There is a signal coming back to the arduino.

We use arduino diecimila, elektronik kit generation 2 and start with the Ubuntu live CD.

BUT the bigest problem is that we can move the Darwin via the stepper/extruder
exerciser but if we try to start to produce the test piece the programm is finish in a few seconds and nothing else happens.

Thanks Armin
sid
Re: Any chance for HELP?
February 06, 2009 09:09AM
Hi Armin,
check if you connected the endstops properly (min endstop Motor side [except for z-Axis])
also check if you didn't connected the 3pin connector the wrong way.
I'm unsure what firmware you have; so make sure you have the proper settings what is actually stopping the machine (default endstop setting open or close..)

you may wnat to do a forumsearch on endstops, there were several threads regardings those.

To make the machine move, go to the options tab and change NULL_cartesian to your actual darwin. NULL_cartesian which is set by default is some sort of testmode for nothing but a visual feedback on your screen.

Oh btw: your machine wont move with the wrong endstop default settings, so maybe that's the reason your machine's not moving winking smiley

If both endstops are triggered for example the machines wont move any further in either direction, except by the inbuild stepper excerciser single steps.

'sid
February 06, 2009 03:23PM
I had that problem - I had wired the 3-pin connectors the wrong way. Measure the +5v/0v polarity on your endstop boards - I'd blown mine. More here:

[renoirsrants.blogspot.com]

Good luck and I hope you fix it
Anonymous User
February 07, 2009 08:09AM
"There is a littel rais of hope always when you need it the most"

Thanks Sid & Dave

It was a great Birthday present for me yesterday to C a chance to bring this
Maschine to a live.

BUT i have no idea what to type in there in stead of NULL_cartesian sad smiley

By the way we use the Firmware 10 because 11 was not possible to compile.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login