Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exporting Blender to .STL

Posted by pingiscoolest 
Exporting Blender to .STL
April 06, 2009 10:40PM
I have started using Blender and love it. I would like to use this software to design objects to print on my in progress RepStrap. (BTW, it is much farther along than the picture shows, the picture is from last December) Anyway I was wondering how I can export a blender file as a .stl so it can be opened with the reprap host and printed. I dont know whether this would be in the form of a converter that converts a file saved by blender or a script that exports the file directly from blender. Thanks for any information!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes my Avatar is My RepStrap.....Isn't it pretty

For the latest Updates check my main site [www.repstrap.weebly.com] or my blog [www.pingiscoolest.blogspot.com].
Anonymous User
Re: Exporting Blender to .STL
April 07, 2009 08:23AM
Looks like, STLs are supported out of the box. See File->Export->STL. It's in the upper part of the menu, not the lower one, where the python-based converters are. I'm using Blender 2.48.
April 07, 2009 08:31PM
hey great, nothing else to install. Maybe thats why a search turned up nothing, most people were smart enough to figure that outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
August 11, 2009 07:57AM
hello,

i want to convert stl file to blender. basically i want to convert stl file to jpg

blender -b d:\stl2\bone.stl -o d:\stl2\1.jpg -F -x 1 -f 1

this support for blender files and give error on stl file..

please chek how possible
Pingiscooelst
August 11, 2009 11:31PM
maybe load the stl then render it in blender? Thats what I would do
August 12, 2009 04:38AM
Thats how i'd do it too, then move the camera in what ever orientation you want to get the ideal rendered result
August 18, 2009 03:20AM
hello,

i want to export stile to jpg using blender command mode

let me know how possible
on this topic of exporting, what sort of file size would one expect to result from an .STL export? My Blender file is roughly 176KB, but when I export to .STL, it ends up being about 4KB in size.... IMO that's waaaay too small, something cannot have gone right. How would one know for sure it its OK or not?
importing .stl into artcam pro
September 22, 2010 11:07AM
hai

when I import a stl file from blender to artcam the model is stretched and deformed....
Could any of you help me plz...
August 17, 2011 02:23AM
Hi there,
I'm having issues when i try to save my blend file as an STL. The file originated from an VG image that I extruded. From what I can see it doesn't contain enough points to create a real model.

Note that the model here : Model has only one layer of vertices and the rest (the extruded parts) are present. I suspect the basic extrude in Blender doesn't give the structure that an STL requires.

Any help would be appreciated!

cheers,
Richard
When I try to import a cat i have in blender to a flashdrive (as an stl file) it gives me a huge eroor. Any help? I need that cat for a computer class im taking. :T
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login