Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Starting host software

Posted by Austin 
Starting host software
September 30, 2009 02:00AM
Ok, I'm stumped. I'm getting this error:

Error opening port: /dev/ttyUSB0

I tried to change it to COM1 in the reprap.properties.dist file, but after I did it still said the same thing. Also, when I was looking up my ports, I only saw COM1, nothing else.

Austin
Re: Starting host software
September 30, 2009 02:53AM
/dev/ttyUSB0 usually is what it's set to if it is a linux OS. I recommend going into device manager (in system) and looking through you COM ports to see which one it's plugged in on. Another great way to find the right port is to boot up the arduino installer, it tends to find the port that the TTL cable is plugged into pretty fast.
emt
September 30, 2009 03:37AM
Info here

[objects.reprap.org]

Regards

Ian
Austin
October 01, 2009 12:44AM
Right, I've been to that page, and I look up my ports in device manager. By the way, I don't have anything plugged in, I'm just trying to get the software to run independently. In device manager, there was only COM1. I put that into properties, but I still get the same error. (Sorry if I'm repeating myself, I just want to be clear) Also, I just upgraded my computer. How drastically will that change things? (Oh, forgot to mention running Windows XP). I'll try the Arduino installer though, thank you.

Austin
emt
October 01, 2009 04:40AM
I think that is normal if you have nothing plugged in. I get that. But I think the host still works for processes that do not use the port.

Regards

Ian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login