Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanguino won't Compile

Posted by J-Dubs 
Sanguino won't Compile
January 31, 2010 03:20AM
I installed arduino 18 and then used the patches from the sanguino download per the directions. If I use the Sanguino board definition, nothing will compile, it comes up with an error "
c:/program files/arduino-0018/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.3/../../../../avr/lib/avr5/crtm644p.osad smiley.init9+0x0): undefined reference to `main'"

I thought it might be java related, so I uninstalled java 6 and installed java 5.0 and that didn't change things.

I then downloaded arduino 11, but that won't open on my computer (running XP Pro sp3). After chasing this around for a many hours, I am at a roadblock. Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT *After more research, this is probably in the wrong forum.*

TIY,

J

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2010 01:25PM by J-Dubs.
Re: Sanguino won't Compile
February 01, 2010 12:57AM
Try Arduino 17 to see if that works
I have not tried Arduino 18, nor did I know it was released, so try the older version first.
February 01, 2010 11:37AM
Awesome, thank you very much.

That's the way it always goes, I overthought it and went back too far.

-J
who am i?
I read it.
February 24, 2010 09:11PM
[twitter.com]
int main() {init();setup();for(;winking smileyloop();return 0;}
March 12, 2010 11:19AM
I had the same problem running Arduino 18. This link below solved my problem
[brewtroller.com]

Copy main.cpp from the arduino core directory to the sanguino core directory and every one is happy. "
March 17, 2010 02:28PM
Copying main.cpp worked for me. Thanks
June 05, 2010 12:42PM
The current release of the Sanguino definition files, Sanguino-0018r1_1_4.zip , appears to include the needed main.cpp file. Could those who encountered this issue please let us know what revision of the Sanguino files they were (or are) using?

Thanks!

Jonathan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login