Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PIC firmware

Posted by reece.arnott 
PIC firmware
September 05, 2007 12:18AM
If I remember there was some talk about how the extruder.hex file just needed one or two bytes changed for it to be used as for the 2nd extruder. I can't find the thread but could someone tell we what changes need to be made?

Or even better, re-release the firmware on sourceforge with the correct files and maybe even a little readme saying what each one is used for.

I also notice that the names of the .hex files are inconsistent with the naming in everything else as far as the stepper axis naming goes. If the files were renamed to be stepperx.hex, steppery.hex and stepperz.hex it would make more sense and better to do it sooner rather than later when there is a whole lot more documentation to have to do a search and replace on.
Re: PIC firmware
September 05, 2007 09:41AM
i emailed adrian about it, but i'm pretty sure its in sourceforge. you may have to compile the firmware yourself.

also, i'm not sure what the status of the firmware is... adrian has been talking about:

1.) moving to the latest version of SDCC
2.) moving to PIC1648 (the current firmware works on them just fine.)
3.) implementing a buffer to hold line segments.

your best bet is to either use the sourceforge files, or poke around subversion and see where things are at.
September 05, 2007 06:42PM
OK. I'll have a poke round when I get home but it sounds like its probably just easier to leave it at the moment until Adrian finalises his changes.

The main reason I want it now was so I could have all my circuit boards hooked together, tested, and working with nice blinking lights.

So far I've got X,Y, and Z stepper boards all hooked up and working perfectly so I'll probably just leave it at that and come back to the extruder boards later.
Anonymous User
September 07, 2007 09:37PM
Look at Adrian's post on the main Blog dated June 28 07 "silicone enhanced REPRAP".

Best,

Dan
September 08, 2007 12:22AM
Thanks. I went to try and checkout the SVN firmware folder (under [reprap.svn.sourceforge.net]) using Eclipse and I came up the error:

svn: Processing PROPFIND request response failed: required string: "lp1:version-controlled-configuration" (/svnroot/reprap/!svn/bc/906/trunk/reprap/firmware)
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svnroot/reprap/!svn/bc/906/trunk/reprap/firmware'

I've previously got the host software fine and have just got the electronics folder fine so I think its just something about that folder.

Any ideas?
September 09, 2007 04:52PM
Question, Whats the steppermotor-small.hex file for? also if anyone knows, whats the better software for pic programming, ICPROG or WINPIC with windows XP?
Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login